Are there similarities between PTSD and schizophrenia?

Are there similarities in symptoms? Can they coexist?

1 Like

Uh, they both suck?

4 Likes

:grin:Never looked at it that way, good point

2 Likes

Thank you, I didn’t take that psychology class in 1984 for nothing.

3 Likes

I have both. They’re are some similarities. I often hallucinate one of my abusers and I don’t know if it’s PTSD or sz.

2 Likes

Sure, I have both

1 Like

Both can cause hallucinations tho in ptsd it happens during flashbacks. Emotional numbing.

1 Like

I’ve seen veterans who are filled with so much PTSD they become psychotic. It’s a sad thing to see, quite honestly.

4 Likes

I am diagnosed with both

2 Likes

I have both as well. :wolf::wolf::wolf:

1 Like

more info would be appreciated. what, cat got your tongue?

1 Like

I’ve known people who have PTSD due to the severity of their SZ. Not pleasant for them. I had PTSD from abuse in my childhood, needed therapy for it.

1 Like

Yes. Recent evidence suggests that some patients of schizophrenia exhibit symptoms of PTSD. I am
one of them

1 Like

well, I’m torn.

PTSD is typically from facing a near death experience.

for instance, do you get it from watching violent movies,
or video games?

1 Like

Do you know which symptoms they are?

Hello PTSD is not necessarily related to death but traumatic experiences. Mine are related to episodes and the initial stages of my illness. For clarity, a year had almost lapsed before I went to be assessed. Therefore, for almost a year I encountered severe experiences influenced by my illness which

2 Likes

Sorry, I am unsure if I understand?

1 Like

what are you talking about, nobody gives that diagnosis, an assessment?

1 Like

What I mean is, from the time I started feeling unwell to the time I was assessed was almost a year. During which time, many of the experiences I had were traumatic

2 Likes

please see other posters on here talking about false-positive trauma, I’m bowing out.