Are there any things more important than love in life?

With my schizophrenia somtimes it seems I need other things that may at the time may be more important than love.

3 Likes

What kind of things?

1 Like

Maslow’s hierarchy of needs:

5 Likes

There has to be. I’m not going roll over and give up on my life just because I’ve never really been in deep love. I love my family and I’ve kinda been in love a few times when I was younger but I rarely give love much thought now. It would be nice but I’m not going to run my life based on whether I’ll fall in love or not fall in love.

But “When God shuts one door, he opens another one.” So there’s something worthwhile out there besides love.

4 Likes

self-love!
don’t know if that’s contradicting what you’re trying to say lol.
but yeah. it all starts with you

2 Likes

I think loving yourself is the hardest part.

2 Likes

Coffee and chocolate.

And steak.

:blush:

3 Likes

being alone will kill you faster than obesity.

or so I hear.

Health for example.

4 Likes

Air conditioning -

1 Like

@Daze, I beg to differ. Being alone will only kill you if you are lonely in your aloneness. But, what if you are not lonely? I am alone and not lonely but very happy and content this way. Being in love and in a sexual relationship does not guarantee happiness. I know. I’ve been there many times.

1 Like

We all can agree, especially mental (and physical) health, should be nr1. For me personally, the second, is love. If I could look into the future and I’m just too unfortunate to never meet my other half, I will gladly swap love for winning the lottery! :joy:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.