Are dream conversations the same as voices

seems that what I hear in dreams are also voices

What are dream conversations?

If you mean things you say in your sleep, I don’t take that seriously. It’s a dream, it’s not reality.

1 Like

My dreams mostly center on bad memories from the past - they are not fixated around my delusions, although my delusions may appear in them in a secondary way. E.g. the cause of social awkwardness.

I dream in color, and when I’m dreaming I rarely speak, but stuff happens as if I did say something. Kind of like a dream-only ESP. Kind of hard to explain. I will it to happen by just thinking about it. Other people talk though.

I fell asleep in my armchair today listening to something on YouTube and had a dream I wasn’t in.

1 Like

I wouldnt say normal conversations are comparable to voices, however I will say I’ve heard voices in dreams. I’d be looking out the window and hearing them the same as in day, same kind of content

I’ve had those before. One time had a dream I was a go pro filming two guys go to the theater lol

I compare waking voices to dreams a lot. When people ask me how a voice can be intelligent, I just say well if your brain can do it while you’re dreaming, why not when you’re awake?

That’s what SZ felt like to me at its worst, was having a nightmare you couldn’t fully wake from.

One thing I noticed was that after I got sick, I started hearing voices in my head during a dream. Not all dreams, but enough to annoy me for sure.

2 Likes

No, dream conversations are not the same as voices.

1 Like

Same here about the dream voices. I feel the same for it feeling like a nightmare you can’t wake up from sometimes too. I’ve described it as having a bad dream but never knowing it was a dream until you “come to” and realize how disconnected and blurry it all felt. It helps me explain why it seems so real during my episodes and how the voices arent “me” or my own thoughts like people sometimes assume.

1 Like

During my psychotic break I had this thing where I was having personal conversations with someone as I was between being drowsy, asleep and conscious. I used to think they would steal the words from my mouth to get my financial information too. I guess I was just hallucinating everything. I got scared though and thought they would steal all my money.

1 Like

I think voices only count when you are awake, but some people will also have them while they wake up or fall asleep. My voices usually intensify when I’m trying to fall asleep.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.