Anyone with a degree working in their related field?

I also had sz while in university. Without sz I think my grades would be much better.

1 Like

Good luck, I believe you can do it with the right medicine

1 Like

You seem to be very influenced by others. You talk about what your parents want. Your friend. Not making your own choices comes with a very high price imo.

Anyway, congratulations on finishing your degree with sz.

2 Likes

I have settled on Latuda

It ruins my evenings and I have to go to bed pretty much after eating

But, not tired during the day, which helps.

Amisulpride allowed me the best chance, but my QTC prolongation meant it had to be stopped, and couldnā€™t dual it with another atypical

Yes back then I didnā€™t even know what I wanted to do because of sz. All I knew is that I had very good grades in college before getting in university. Now I just want to get any office job. Being stable and consistent is the most important thing.

3 Likes

How much amisulpride were you taking?

I was on 800mg for five years, then 1,200mg for about a year

Also I thought that by learning and forcing myself to touch people in my program it would make me more social. I was antisocial back then and self isolated from my only friend who went studying in the US.

1 Like

I didnā€™t know that. You regularly talk about hanging with family and friends. Thought you were always very social.

1 Like

Not always. Before sz I had phases where I had friends and phases where I completely self isolated and all I was doing was studying. Even my parents told me to get out of my room and talk again to my friends. Each phase lasted like 2yrs. Actually since being on meds I am more stable and I am always social, not too social though.

1 Like

I think its the sz as when I stopped meds for 2yrs last time I left all my friends and family, lived alone in Germany for 4-6 months. I knew no one there and was alone. All I did was walking in the streets alone all day and sometimes eating at restaurants or shopping. My parents called federal cops as I wasnā€™t even answering my parents txts and calls. They thought I committed suicide.

2 Likes

You have some memorable stories to tell. And a lot of life changing experiences. Maybe you need more time to properly process them.

1 Like

Thanks. Maybe I should write a book about my sz life lol

1 Like

Really? How does he like it so far?

1 Like

Used to own a small business. Successfully sold it. Now just working in sales b2b.
Bipolar 1 with psychosis dx though.

1 Like

He likes it. He was already working in a dentist clinic helping dentists so heā€™s used to it. He wanted to get certified.

1 Like

No not me. I heard there was a scarecrow who got an award in my town thoā€¦he was out-standing in his field. :corn::corn::corn::corn:

1 Like

Yes, degrees in math/stats and working in tech. No one has really agreed on my diagnosis - Iā€™ve gotten SZA, bipolar, others.

Isnā€™t your memory like very bad, I am struggling to remember simple stuff with abilify 10mg

Thatā€™s awesome. I hope to be working in a dentist office soon.

1 Like