Anyone with a degree working in their related field?

Good luck! @bittercat

1 Like

I have an MBA and my wife and I own our own business. I also have an aircraft mechanics license but didnā€™t work in that field very long at all.

1 Like

I donā€™t have a degree, but Iā€™m being trained to take over as director of my library when my boss leaves.

3 Likes

I have a B.A. degree in psychology. I like to think i use it every day having schizophrenia. I worked in the field for 2 months but ended up quitting that job. I was putting in 60 hour work weeks because people always called off. What made me quit was a small riot on the adolescent wing. We did like 20 take downs. The kids were all fighting one another. It was then i realized this place did not help people. It just medicated them until they left. I havent worked in my field since. But im thinking of going back for a masters degree

2 Likes

I took some psychology classes as electives. One teacher told me here you need a phd to work as a psychologist.

You need a masters at least to be a counselor. You get experience through a masters program because you have to do an internship and field work. Most counseling requires a 2 year degree.

1 Like

I havenā€™t worked in my field, engineering technology. A lot of engineering tech jobs require secret clearance from the government. Iā€™m not sure I qualify after an involuntary hospital stay.

I have a Secret security clearance. Used to have a top secret.

1 Like

Well, I studied Janitorial Science for four years and graduated with honors and it really paid off. I can vacuum a building with one hand tied behind my back and blindfolded.

2 Likes

Isnā€™t your memory like very bad, I am struggling to remember stuff on 10mg abilify

I have no problem with the work itself. My problem is dealing with coworkers, commuting, presentations and meetings. I wish more places made work from home provisions for mentally ill persons in my country.

1 Like

Thatā€™s understandable, what problems did you face while commuting etc?

Iā€™m cleared to pick up my own mail.

Long commute time, traffic, bad weather, crowds ā€¦ stressful

1 Like

I flunked out of meteorology then went to junior college to take history in my 40ā€™s where I got an associateā€™s. Then I went to the Psych Ward and never did anything else. I had a cousin who got a bachelorā€™s in Education but ended up being a Wal Mart employee who was also mentally ill. Itā€™s a depressing subject that for many of us the illness or in my case the wrong drug can be a knockout punch. It does hearten me to see you guys who ended up doing something else successfully.

I briefly worked in security after I got out of the military. It was the worst job I ever had, but I landed it because I was a veteran and I have an associateā€™s degree in criminal justice.

I also briefly worked as an office clerk with my CCAF degree in human resources.

Other than that I havenā€™t made much use of my degrees.

Iā€™m debating on finishing my BA in liberal arts, or going back to my community college for something more marketable like computers or office technology.

2 Likes

I studied biomed then nutrition masters level.

I am a cleaner.

You may not see the connection but I do :thinking:

1 Like

Bro. Just the thing for rush hour traffic.

Iā€™m sooooooooooo jealous.

:astonished:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.