Anyone watching the Rugby World Cup?

I’m currently watching Fiji vs. Uruguay. I’m still trying to figure out the rules and strategy, but it’s fun to watch nonetheless.

I kinda got into rugby from my cousins, who played collegiate rugby here in the States. These guys, at any level, are so damn tough.

@TheBest @Lifer

2 Likes

Yeah I am watching the World Cup. Rugby is a big sport in Britain and Ireland.

2 Likes

it’s growing here in the States. A lot of (American) football players play it during the offseason. Both sports are similar, but I think you gotta be tougher to play rugby (no pads!).

2 Likes

I agree no pads is hard but half the tackles they do in the NFL would be illegal in rugby so the American football players kinda need more protection.

The states has a good seven a side rugby team. That form of rugby is often played by quick athletic folks and I think the states have the infrastructure to nurture talent.

Glad you are enjoying the rugby. There are a few rules but I am sure you will pick them up

2 Likes

I occasionally watch the Premiership rugby, so I’m familiar with the scoring system. Just not sure about some of the other rules, yet.

Who do you think will win it? I have no idea who the favorites would be

2 Likes

I’ve never watched much rugby personally, my brother one time made me watch the “haka” dance from New Zealand’s all blacks team. and also I had a French foreign exchange student as a friend and he was always trying to explain the game to me. I will watch if it’s on tv. but no I don’t know much about it. I have espn, espn2, fs1, and nbc sports, is it on any of these channels?

2 Likes

it’s currently on NBC Sports Network

I just figure if you’re bored, you might wanna watch it. These dudes are pretty athletic

3 Likes

New Zealand are very good. If I had to say who would win I would pick them

2 Likes

cool, i’ll turn it on.

2 Likes

It looks like the USA plays England tomorrow at 4:30 am mountain time. I’m going to dvr it.

2 Likes

well I watched the end of it. the announcer said it was a big upset. those guys are tough for sure and good athletes. will watch some more when it comes on again. maybe i’ll be able to figure out the scoring and rules before the world cup is over

2 Likes

Can you imagine if guys in the NFL grew up playing rugby instead of football? The US would never lose a rugby game haha

2 Likes

the scoring is fairly simple: a try (basically a touchdown) is worth 5 points. The conversion kick (basically the PAT) is worth 2 points. Any other kick through the uprights is just like a field goal – 3 points. I believe that’s the scoring system

2 Likes

If guys like Saquon Barkley grew up playing rugby the USA would be really good.

1 Like

@anon49063606 New Zealand All Blacks,with Wales the dark horse!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.