Anyone using 5HTP?

@Aziz that’s a high dose to start with. Like everything else, you should taper on to it slowly.

The nice thing about 5-HTP, is that it is a precursor. It can convert itself into either serotonin, or melatonin, depending on what your body needs

1 Like

I remember trying 5htp I took like 300mg and vomited my brains out.

Whats a normal dose of 5htp?

1 Like

Not sure, on the package it says to take one to two pills/day so 120-240mg/day. I read that it can cause nausea.

1 Like

I’m gonna try 5htp at 50 or 100mg and see how it goes. Figure I’ll try this and see if it helps before Prozac

2 Likes

I want to try this 5-HTP stuff

I’m taking just one AP at the moment - 20mg Olanzapine

I need to speak to my Dr to see if I can take 5-HTP with it?

1 Like

i tried it years ago i dont really remember but it reminds me of st. johns wort

1 Like

I didnt but its better to tell your Dr. Never take it if you’re on antidepressants as both 5htp and antidepressants increase serotonin.

I developed serotonin syndrome on 100mg of 5HTP and 50mg of trazodone.

1 Like

I took 100mg 3 days now. It seems fine. Little bit dizziness first 2 days but today is fine. I’ll see how it is in a few weeks

2 Likes

50 mg, twice a day is a good place to start. Actually, even 50 mg once a day for a week to accustom your body to it. I have had no ill effects from it whatsoever but I’m sure everyone is different. I take 100 mg twice a day, and I don’t need any antidepressants

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.