Anyone tried luvox?

How was it for sexual side effects? Which dose were you on? Did you see improvements in cognition?

I was on it as a teenager and it made me very psychotic. It scared me so much that I didn’t touch medicine again for ten years. But every brain is different, and developing brains tend to react unpredictably.

Buspirone is another drug that can combat sexual side effects.

1 Like

I haven’t heard of ssris causing psychosis unless you’re schizoaffective.

It’s a really common problem. SSRIs aren’t generally recommended for people with psychosis, but there are exceptions.

My pdoc specializes in mood disorders so he tends to hand out antidepressants to everyone. I don’t know if he routinely sees the schizophrenics becoming psychotic on them. I was on three in the past. I did have an adverse reaction to the first one, but I wouldn’t call it psychosis.

I don’t think serotonin increase causes positive symptoms, maybe dopamine.

I take Luvox Fluvoxamine, I take 50-100mg a day, it is good for obsessive thoughts and other anxiety disorders, I find it helps me sleep but many people say it causes insomnia, it does not help me with cognition or negative symptoms, it does cause moderate sexual dysfunction about average for a ssri.
The side effects that I have are diarrhoea and feeling tired during the day.

1 Like

I take high dose SSRI along with my APs. Really helps me. Saying that I have been sza in the past.

1 Like

I take a SSRI and I’m sza, it helps with compulsions. I do have sexual side effects though, but who’s to say which one of my meds is causing that. I’ve read that luvox has less of a chance for sexual side effects

1 Like