Anyone know a good quote about attitude?

I have been negative and pessimistic and ungrateful for things lately. I need to hear a good philosophy about attitude.

I’m sorry too.

I hope you don’t mind me posting here. I’ve tried to think about this and not come up with something trite and cliché. But I’m afraid that’s just what I’ve done.

But the philosophy of thoughts influencing actions, influencing outcome has been striking a chord with me.

Thank you for letting me post.

5 Likes

i bow to you master kidsister.
take care

1 Like

Hm…Can’t decide:

“You’re just left with yourself all the time whatever you do anyway. You’ve got to get down to your own God in your own temple. It’s all down to you, mate.” John Lennon

“I think it’s my adventure, my trip, my journey, and I guess my attitude is, let the chips fall where they may.” Leonard Nimoy

1 Like

“Check yo’self beefo you wreck yo’self.” - guy at a bar in the seventies

1 Like

The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitudes.
William James

Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude.
Thomas Jefferson

1 Like

The book “A battle field for Your Mind” by Joyce Meyer. I haven’t read it yet but it talks about changing your attitude. I’m going to buy the book because of my anger at God.

http://forum.schizophrenia.com/t/a-thread-for-positive-affirmations-pics-quotes-etc-welcome/2297?u=barbiebf

“Everything you see has its roots in the unseen world. The forms may change, yet the essence remains the same”- Rumi.

This may not be an obvious quote to choose about attitude; but it helps me, it just reminds me that everything has it’s purpose, that we are all part of the same picture, so, that person that isn’t so kind doesn’t make them bad or that you shouldn’t treat them poorly just because they do so to you.

It’s something I’ve carried with me as I do a lot of splitting (defence mechanism) so I see everyone as either good or bad, but this makes me think that it’s not all like that…

1 Like

The man who thinks he can, and the man who thinks he can’t, are both right.

If you stare into the abyss, the abyss will stare back into you.
- Nietzsche-

I don’t know any direct quotes, but from this book I read last year this really helped:

Knowing that to get to your goals it takes little positive corrections, like an airplane makes tiny corrections to get to its destination. You have to start small and build your way up. It doesn’t happen over night.

1 Like