Anyone else using headphones all day?

Every day, 24 hours a day I use headphones, because if I remove them I start to get psychotic, I hear a lot of voices, the reason is also because of my mania of persecution, is anyone else doing this, and if they could could they help me? give tips on how not to harm my hearing, as I even use them to sleep.

1 Like

Honestly? Don’t use headphones 24/7, especially if you’re playing loud music. Try noise-cancelling earplugs instead.

1 Like

i do it too. switching between headphones and ear plugs (wax) for night. which ao do you take??

1 Like

I was thinking about this the other day too. I use way too much my headphones, on loud volume.

1 Like

it helps me to cool down a little bit… what kind of mjsic are listening to?

1 Like

I use headphones a lot and in the past have had them in 24/7. If you can take a break from time to time. If you have a hard time, try watching videos on your phone without them and see if you forget about it. It’s easiest in the morning to go without using headphones. I was bad at one point and was afraid to take them out.

1 Like

I invested in some $100 headphones because the cheaper ones always broke soon after buying them. My voices are just about gone now after having them really badly for many years.

1 Like

Not sure if this idea will help: Years ago, I bought musicians ear plugs to help with external noise. Everything was so loud. They blocked it by 15 db and cut out some of the high pitched noises. I’m not sure if you’re sensitive to noise. It sounds like your trying to drown them out?

2 Likes

My ears are too small for earbuds, but I do love my noise canceling headphones.

I don’t wear them all day though, but I do keep their volume low when listening to music.

1 Like

Sometimes

Yes I have noise cancelling over ears.

Listen to music all day

Big part of my life

1 Like

do you think its because of the headphones? how often do you wear them?

1 Like

I use them all the time outside, to listen to the radio, cause am paranoid and stressed outside yeap…
Also, i start to be real anxious in the evening, so i put them again and surf on my phone with them…
I dont have voices, but am overwhelmed by paranoia and can be stressed by my worries, which i try to shut up with chiller music etc…
I hope, that one day you’ll need them less, but yeap, i do a bit the same as you heh… :slight_smile:
yeap, the too lousy sound is harmful too though…
Take care of yourself, you can get better!!! :pray: :pray: :grinning: :people_hugging:

1 Like

Op refers to the medicine? I take aripiprazole but I’m going to change it, it made me psychotic

Mainly radio (pop-rock) I also switch to noise canceling headphones on tv

My over ear headphones broke. I have on on order.

I wear headphones 50% of the day and all night to sleep.

1 Like

I’m afraid to take it off because there are some people here where I live who won’t stop screaming.

I had to buy noise canceling headphones, I was also losing my sanity with the noise

I don’t want to listen to my neighbors because they just talk ■■■■ and keep interfering in my life

1 Like

What do you listen to to wash out voices, or do they over lap.
Noise cancellation does cancel out voices for me.
But helps the chaos of sensory overload.

Also I sleep with big can headphones nightly on moderate volume without hurting my ears.

2 Likes