Searching for opinions of my current situation

Hi, I just joined this forum, and I have currently been fighting this ongoing battle for over a week straight now.

I was diagnosed with more and more illnesses, over time. But my biggest struggle is the schizoaffective. I take a high amount of medication, and everyone around me, including myself, feels this dosage is just not enough.

I recently have been feeling… sensing… that I need to explain and share my experience to show some people my strength, and that it gets better.

some things I cannot verbally speak about, and some things I can say without hesitation. What I can not verbally speak about is, I feel an entity of an evil sort is trying to take over. But what I can gladly explain is, all of my senses, have become more and more powerful. Recently. And for the past few days, I have increasingly been blasting music very loud through my headphones, and now I can’t take them out to even talk to somebody for a few minutes. Because I experience, a “recieving” type sense, constantly if I take even one headphone out.

When it comes to my view of everything, I greatly feel the universe, and God, are preparing me for something I sense greatly,like the biggest battle yet to come.

I’ll gladly answer any questions about this.

Blasting loud music through headphones too much might catch up with you in the future and you might suffer impaired hearing. You might want to research it online.

1 Like

It’s the only way I can avoid feeling the information. I have a psychiatrist appointment tomorrow, though. So hopefully she can find a way to correct everything.

1 Like

Hi @PaleCreature. I’m not posting this to criticize you or anything like that. It’s just for information.

How to Keep Your Ears Safe When Using Headphones and Earbuds

A A
How to Keep Your Ears Safe When Using Headphones and Earbuds
They can be. But simple steps can keep your ears safe.
Published: February 2014
Find Ratings
Headphones
These Beats by Dre Executive headphones are our top-rated noise-canceling headphones.

You probably know that exposure to loud noise—including lawn mowers and rock concerts—can damage your hearing. But the latest research reveals a new hazard: personal listening devices (iPods and other MP3 players) that plant music directly into our ears—especially when we use them with earbuds that go inside the ear canal. How big is the risk? It depends on how loud the sound and how long you listen. But consider this: One in five teenagers are estimated to now have some form of hearing loss, nearly one-third more than teens in the 1980s and 1990s, which experts have attributed to the increased use of headphones and earbuds.

The easiest way to reduce your risk of hearing loss from personal listening devices is to follow what hearing experts call the 60/60 rule: listen at no more than 60 percent of the maximum volume for no more than 60 minutes a day. Instead of earbuds, using over-the-ear headphones, especially the noise-canceling kind, may also prevent damage.

And when you have to go somewhere noisy, try foam earplugs: They’re a low-tech, inexpensive way to protect your ears. You can find them at any drugstore for about $3.50 for a set of 10. Perhaps in a nod to baby boomers concerned about their hearing, earplugs are even sold at many concerts, right alongside the T-shirts.

Concerned you might already have lost some hearing? Take our hearing loss quiz. If you’re in the market for a hearing aid, see our hearing aids buying guide.

1 Like

whenever I go to Keyfood, they play music that I don’t like. so I have to put my headphone music to the max! nothing much I can do about it, I think…

might try earplugs, but I have little faith in them.

Just make sure not to give up on the medication in general. Just because the current one might not work you eventually may find one that will. Give each one a chance but when it is evident that it is not working you can try to switch to another one. I remember that sometimes the voices were so loud I couldn’t even here people talk because the voices would talk over them. What med are you on? I’m on risperidone.

1 Like

Forget nicks crap about loud music I have it blaring in the gym all the time and go festivals he’s only gonna make you paranoid

1 Like

Well, once your hearing is shot, it’s irreversible. Then you can change out your headphones for hearing aids. :smirk:

It sounds like your dosage needs increased or you need changed to a different medication. It can take a while to find the right combination of medications that stabilize yourself, so don’t lose hope. Eventually you’ll find the correct combination!