Schizophrenia.com

Anyone else struggling mightily with negative symptoms?

I know, another negative symptoms thread, but they’re very real for people like us. I struggle with asociality, anhedonia, and avolition the most. Just doing the laundry feels like a huge task.

1 Like

Yes, but I prefer not to dwell on them. I think they may be improving in some areas.

1 Like

I’m thinking of asking my pdoc for perhaps a med change. I really like the med combo I’m on now, but these negatives, man.

1 Like

I am in the struggle to treat and deal with the Negatives. I can’t work and I’m studying little. Sometimes I am desperate, worried or indignant about my situation because this disease takes away productivity and the meaning of life. but sometimes i can get distracted and i manage to go to the gym 2x a week because of the energy i get from healthy eating

1 Like

I struggle with negatives. It sucks. I mostly lay on the couch. There is not much that you can do about it. I take vraylar which improved the negs somewhat. What meds are you on?

1 Like

I sometimes struggle with everyday things.

1 Like

Some days, I struggle with avolition and anhedonia.

1 Like

Yes I do struggle. I try to code at least an hour a day but I can only work for 10-15 minutes at a time. I used to be able to program for 8+ hours straight. I find doing your passion gives you the push to do other things. I am on Geodon and it is making my negatives worse, hope they get better it has been a month on them.

1 Like

Only on the days that end with Y. I just put my head down and charge. Gotta hit 'em like a muthaf*ck and bust through.

1 Like

Yes, the only thing that seems to help these days is NAC. But it only seems to work sometimes. Also seems very dose dependent. I just wish they focused on treatments that worked on the brain inflammation side of this illness. I assume immune suppressants would help tremendously with this illness.

I’m also on Vraylar, which has helped a little. But I still feel lethargic as hell everyday. Oh well, part of the illness for sure