Schizophrenia.com

Anyone else get way ahead of themselves?

When I start to reflect on a particular day or moment, I always get way ahead of myself. I start contemplating what the other person is thinking or saying. It becomes all too self-engrossing. Seems awful narcissistic. Anyone else have these types of thoughts?

One strategy that’s helped is to stay in the moment; to be present. It’s thought-stopping. When I start over-thinking, I say to myself, how is what I’m thinking about affecting the here and now? Usually, my thoughts will realign.

1 Like

SZ people are too thinky. Not very do-ey.

1 Like

I agree, do as I say, not as I do.

1 Like

gene. try a program called mindfulness. you don’t have to join anything. just read up on it. i think it is good stuff. just a suggestion.

hugs, judy

1 Like

I have the same issue.
I try to focus on something else so that the contemplation stops and starts on something else.

1 Like

@Ares: good added coping skill

I think it takes a healthy amount of confidence to tackle issues with thought and thought disorder. Having unhealthy thought was at the crux of battle with sz. As someone who meant well but could never seemingly do well, I could not face life on life’s terms. I began avoiding… everything, disconnecting from life.

I start thinking about what I am going to do when I don’t have all the answers to issues and questions. When the answers come, I usually end up doing something else.

1 Like