Anyone else a big hypochondriac?

Am I the only one on this forum that is a full fledged hypochondriac?
I’ve always had lots of anxiety surrounding health issues.
It can sometimes verge on the delusional.

Years ago I thought I was dying from Lupus.

Even got tested.

I never had Lupus but my mind took me there.

Anyone else a hypochondriac?

4 Likes

I’m a little bit of a hypochondriac. But it’s not too bad.

1 Like

No. I’m the opposite. I actually do have a lot of health problems, but I am very dismissive of them.

3 Likes

Thanks @everhopeful and @Pandy

I’m sorry @Pandy

2 Likes

I used to be a huge hypochondriac when it came to my heart. Ive lost count on how many times I brought myself to the hospital because i thought i was having a heart attack. Turns out everytime it was just a panic attack. Its gotten a lot better these days but I still have my moments of thinking theres something wrong with me.

1 Like

I’m sorry @TheCanuk
Thanks

1 Like

Im gonna go out there and say that none of you probably are poppetts xx

Your just in-tune with your sensitivitys and your mental illness - and theres nothing wrong in that :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Very wise words.
Thanks @Naarai

1 Like

I don’t worry about my health. But it seems to me that most people have pretty significant health anxiety. Even mentally normal people. Probably a lot more full-fledged hypochondriacs here than just you.

1 Like

I experience a lot of malaise. For ever getting phantom symptoms and the like

1 Like

I used to be, but then I challenged myself on embracing the worst that could happen. It worked.

1 Like

I had a HIV test a few years ago, I was convinced i had it. I do think I have anxiety over my health and in particular my mental health, A LOT…

My first pdoc said I had sz and everytime I would question it, she would say its down to being in denial which is also a symptom of sz…however now they say it’s likely a mood disoorder… I am convinced I have sz… I honestly feel they got it right the first time…

1 Like

100% raging health anxiety
it gets much worse if i’m psychotic
but
spend half my well life worrying

1 Like

Thanks @anon9798425 @Jimbob @NotSeksoEmpirico
@Milly and @Three

4 Likes

I have a lot of health anxiety but it is eligible.

I mean I binge eat every other day for like 10 years.

It’s ■■■■■■■ terrible

1 Like

I was a hypochondriac when I was psychotic. I thought I was sick from being poisoned. I was so sure that I was going to have a heart attack any day. I also thought that I had brain cancer.

I am no longer a hypochondriac since being well.

2 Likes

I also thought I had brain cancer during psychosis.

Thought I was connected to a world leader through a spiritual cord…

So he was pressuring me to let him kill me so that he won’t catch the brain cancer through the spiritual cord.

:sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks @Zoe and @Bowens

2 Likes

I would say @Wave that you are a worrier. It’s not meant as an insult. But I feel like you worry about a lot of things. Sometimes it’s okay to worry, cause then you put care into whatever it’s about. But you also don’t want to worry if it is not needed. Hopefully that makes sense.

1 Like

Yes I’ve been a “worrier” since childhood.
It’s because of my high degree of anxiety and depression.
But it’s in my genes as well.

My grandmother on my Moms side was a worrier also.

I hate this part of me.

It’s so exhausting!

Thanks @anon55031185

1 Like