Anyone at University with a psychosis illness?

I was in the prodomal stage aged 19 and 20 when I completed year 1 and almost year 2 of Biology. Dropped out in 2017 before third year after my first psychotic episode.

I might go back this year if the covid restrictions ease, but I might postpone it for 2022 or 2023 September so I can focus more on music production.

Right now I’m 7 months off meds. My anxiety and intrusive thoughts have gone and I have no delusions or any schizophrenic symptoms for that matter.

I don’t want to go to Uni to soon and then relapse again :cry::frowning:.

I can’t imagine what studying with full symptoms feels like.

Good luck. :heart:

2 Likes

Seven months of meds?! Congrats. It will keep going. You got this!

2 Likes

@SkinnyMe …did you do qualify as a psychiatric nurse? Was it difficult?

1 Like

I was in college during my prodromal phase, so I wasn’t diagnosed yet, nor did I really know what was going on. I had prodromal symptoms, yet still went to school and struggled mightily. I eventually dropped out, but I would like to maybe go back and finish my degree online. Good luck to all those that are dealing with this illness, yet are going to school!

1 Like

Wishing you the best in your endeavours. You’ll make it!

3 Likes

@karl ,I could have worked as a psych nurse but throughout my career I avoided it because I knew that whole time that I myself was psychotic and suicidal. Frankly, I asked myself how in the heck am I supposed to know how to help my psych patients when I can’t even help myself?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.