Anybody had cockatiel?

I want to buy cockatiel want to know more information

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

2 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Used to have two parakeets and all I needed was a cage, water, newspaper for the bottom, millet, birdseed. and something to sharpen their beaks.

do you take them to the vets ? if yes how often do you need to take to vets ? how long did they lived ? :DDD

1 Like

I didn’t take my birds to the vet, don’t know how long they lived because I gave them away,

I had a cockatiel. He would watch me walk around the house and get really noisy when I went someplace he couldn’t see me. He was also very messy, with his food, so I had to be sure to clean regularly. But they can be good companions.

1 Like

They’re super sweet and can learn to say words. They’re also really needy (like all parrots) and really noisy. I think they’re wonderful, but you need to be ok with giving it lots of attention and not getting annoyed when it screeches. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Lovely pets if you get them younger or from really nice people…they can be really loud though…

1 Like

Find an avian vet because birds are different. Going is super stressful for a bird. I actually lost a parakeet who had a heart-attack from being scared at the vet. (It was horrible) so I would say only go when the bird is sick or injured.

1 Like

ha ha very noisy… i think i get along with him, i ll buy it next week when my mom comes back from usa… cant wait to buy it… i actually thinking to buy two of them , but probably buy one first couse two needs bigger cage…and i am afraid if they start nesting