Any teenagers with schizophrenia?

When does it stop saying i can only reply a certain amount of times it wouldn’t let me reply for 23 hours last night because I’m a new member

A don’t listen to them
B try to reason with them
C Focus on positive things things
D know they are only inside your head
E you have more power then they do

1 Like

No. No no no no no. Do not give the voices the time of day. They can’t be reasoned with; attempting this will only keep you trapped for longer.

1 Like

I think that stops after a few days.

1 Like

I used to not listen to them but the more and more I didn’t listen after 2 years of it they have now took control over me I listen to them because I dont want to hurt myself

There are mixed opinions on this matter which I see as a case by case basis

Reasoning with my voices helped

2 Likes

Clozapine is often used for treatment resistant sz

1 Like

Yeah I have heard mixed opinions about it in some ways I want to reason with them because even though they are horrible to me I would hate to feel what it would be like when its silent I dont want them to go away because then I will feel alone I just want it to get better

Do you have friendly voices?

1 Like

No not at all they have never been friendly, I do see a man though who is friendly

Shadow figure? 1515

1 Like

Hes not really a shadow he looks like a real person

1 Like

Seen with eyes open or closed? Can he talk?

1 Like

I can only see him with my eyes open and he talks sometimes but not much he just comforts me

1 Like

You have my sympathy. I was first psychotic at 17 and being in a forensic ward was not fun at all.

All I can say is that time is a healer, and you can still do great things despite the odds.

1 Like

Thank you I hope you are doing well

If you have visual hallucinations you should get a brain scan done.

2 Likes

“ Imaging scans such as an MRI or a CT scanmay reveal brain lesions or any abnormalities in the brain structure. An electroencephalogram (EEG) can assess brain function.”

1 Like

I’m on abilify 22.5 mg, and it helps tremendously.

1 Like

alot better but still not 100 percent normal, meds make a big difference for me symptoms wise but the side effects can suck sometimes

1 Like