Any one else hate walking outside?

Anyone else hate walking as a means of transportation?
My new home is situated close to shops and downtown so it’s easily accessible by foot.
It’s just that I would rather take my car but I can’t go very far and the traffic and parking is awful.

My family and therapist is telling me to walk more in public but I feel so exposed and more paranoid when out and about in public.

Anyone else hate walking outside?

6 Likes

Maybe get headphones and listen to music while you walk?

4 Likes

That’s a good idea @everhopeful.
I did get a new phone with ear plugs.
Maybe I’ll try this.
Thanks for the suggestion! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I hate walking outside. Maybe I should buy some ear buds so I can listen to my portable radio while I walk. I do have headphones, but they’re the big bulky kind.

2 Likes

Try to focus on your walking. I count the cracks in the sidewalk. Mum taught me to do that.

2 Likes

What made your mom think about that??! Is she having social anxiety or paranoia too? @anon84763962

2 Likes

Year I meant to say that I have a pair of ear buds not ear plugs :slight_smile:

3 Likes

No it’s just something she came up with to help me. She’s a clever woman.

4 Likes

I love walking outside…
…in the middle of the night when there is no one out.

3 Likes

My anxiety kind of flares up going for long walks. If I go for a 2 hour hike then get in the car I will get out and hit the e cig for ten minutes before getting back in because of my anxiety for some reason.

3 Likes

I live walking distance from a lot of shops, idgaf if ppl watch me, they r not gonna kill me and if they do then good. But i dont go there often. I walk for at least an hr everyday for excercise outside. Maybe try picturing other ppl naked.

2 Likes

i feel the same way too, even at my old home. at my new home, there’s a lot of open sky and sunlight, which make me avoid walking outside because of that feeling. i try walking at night, for my fitness.

2 Likes

hi there .
I have read your article .
very good
thanks

1 Like

hey,

Best thing I ever did for my mental health was buy an activity tracker.

I’m a cool dude so it syncs with my iphone! It lets you set your own limits and works with the gps on the phone and does a job of telling you how many steps to take a day…it’s not totally accurate but it puts you in the ballpark.

I’ve it set to 11500 steps a day. That is two 30 minute walks and it’s great! I rarely miss it…I do five to 7 days a week of walking and I try to do it by lunchtime.

Yeah…I have a pretty safe neighbourhood to walk in…but if it’s raining I’ll go to the local mall and walk there…it’s 500 steps from one end to another!

Seriously! It’s great to walk outside…I get my sun in and I’m good…but it is a great neighbourhood!

Consider walking more…it helps your mental health no end!

A friend in the struggle,

Rogueone.

2 Likes