Any good 90's rock bands

Yes the pixies . Amazing

2 Likes

No just ur friendly 6 foot 6, tall, lanky white kid

Also i cant believe no ones said the Red Hot Chili Peppers yet. Under the bridge a classic

Thanks.I really thought you was black this whole time from what you told me what you preferred music wise

Yea i like my fix of hip hop, jazz, psychedelic rock, soul/motown, even a little folk and very few electronic artists. The core is hip hop i guess but basically anything that catches my ear in a certain way. Havenā€™t found a good hip hop album in a long time. After Count Bass Dā€™s Dwight Spitz u cant really beat it. Though indigoism by the underachievers is good. Though they make me crave ā€œpotion number 25ā€ whenever i listen to them so its kind of a double edged sword. Been listening to a lot of Strawberry alarm clock and pink floyd and fever tree. Lots of 60s psychedelia lately

When I realized the whole beast coast was with the shā€™ts . They all was cold(flatbush,undr acivers , pro era but I felt like they was setting us up for a L

Also Queen had some good stuff in the 90s. And the beastie boys are rock hip hop fusion so close enough

And yea flatbush zombies just released their first album the songs were hit or miss but all of beast coast mostly talk about lsd and i used to be addicted to the stuff so its hard to listen and not get cravings. I like most genres but im extremely picky on what clicks with me.

I think Iā€™m going to start researching which artist inspired which and create a family tree
. Like so and so made blank. Itā€™s interesting seeing the upcoming generation come out with mixed hybrid styles. Itā€™s kinda like seeing kids grow up to carry their parents legacy

2 Likes
2 Likes

Now thatā€™s life,thanks @Rhubot

1 Like

:smile_cat: welcome!

Damn they even have the ink spots on there. This is goes way way back. Good find

1 Like

Thereā€™s a bunch of them, but Iā€™m having trouble finding any in a decent size

2 Likes

This is cool. I should study more. History in the making.

1 Like

Then you should make your own. These are all pretty focused on a certain kind of music. Make one for whatā€™s relevant to you.

1 Like

:broken_heart: if only I can

1 Like

I like Sheryl Crow. I saw her perform in San Francisco.

I learned that song ā€œunder the bridgeā€ on the guitarā€¦really quite hard song to play.

1 Like

Neil Youngā€™s ā€œHarvest Moonā€ came out in the early ninetiesā€¦a masterpiece.

2 Likes

hey,

There was only one album from the 90ā€™s that crossed genders and was just totally off the hook.

Try " Spiderland " by Slint. They were all so young and created something that was so unbelievable in the worlds of electric guitar and basic band setups. Guitar, Bass, Drums. It was amazing and you need to listen to it on vinyl if you can.

Produced by Steve Albini. The master.

Turn on . Tune In . Drop Out !

Rogueone.

1 Like

Iā€™d also put my vote in for Sponge. A few good hits from a Detroit grunge band.

1 Like