Any early risers?

i went out at first light with my mums dog pippy and it was a 45 min walk and i really enjoyed it,

think i’d like to make a habit of it but i think i’d like the occasional sleep in here and there lol

btw does anyone find that people that are early risers seem to be nicer than most?

Not me. I sleep for as long as possible. I feel it’s good for the body.

I have had numerous mornings where I had to wake up early though. I do know what that’s like.

I get up early like 6.00am every morning, do some stuff around and get back to bed :slight_smile: and i’m really nice person

2 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

2 Likes

Yeah that would definitely make me crabby.

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

Yes I go to bed early and get up early. I get up at four or five. I like the quiet. It gives me a chance to do the things I wanted to do when I fell asleep. I meditate and prepare for the day. Ben Franklin cliche: “Early to bed, early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise.” I don’t know about wealthy and wise, but it is certainly is healthy.
Too much sleep is bad for the body and the mind. Some of us have to stay in bed longer than physiologically necessary because of our medication.

2 Likes

maybe there are exceptions then lol

1 Like

I’ve seen the sunrise many times in the last few years, but only because I’ve not gone to bed until after 9AM.
Something about the quiet, stlll, cool air between 2AM and 7AM,
and those familiar sounds…
The Train’s horn that sounds closer than it is,
one sad, lonely, night bird somewhere out on a branch, lamenting for it’s mate, that one gets me everytime.

5 Likes

I just feel so tired during those hours.

1 Like

i think its ok if you are use to it,

i occasionally get up early but normally i dont,

i normally get up about 730 am- 8am but this morning it was even earlier bc the dog woke me and then i went out at 610 am as first light is about 6am now,

so now idk if i will be getting the dog for longer which would mean i would have to get up early as well

I wake up about 4:30. Talk about animals on a schedule-my cat wakes me up to be fed. She is used to being fed then for when I was working, now that I am home on disability, she does think that it should change, btw I also go to bed around 8:30-9:30.

2 Likes

I wake up early about 5 or 6am for morning prayers, but then go back to bed as I love to sleep a little longer.

2 Likes

I am a pretty early riser - I get up before 8am usually.
Love that first sip of coffee :sun_with_face: :coffee:

2 Likes

Not willingly. Archery practice this morning and a school council meeting this evening. Had to get up at 4:30 to finalize minutes from last meeting (I’m the secretary), make lunches, etc. Would like to go back to bed. Would also like to go on the record as not being nice.

10-96

I’m a very early riser… and my theory is that there are fewer people up and about so it’s a bit more relaxed pace… so it’s easier to be more open.

As the day goes on… people get wound up pretty tight… but first early morning… less traffic… less hustle and bustle…

I met a guy who does all his grocery shopping at 7:00 a.m. when the stores open… because he says he can get it done quickly without so many people in his way.

That’s exactly why I shop at 10:00 p.m. on a Friday night. People are out partying… not doing chores. I might try to get the shopping done early morning too.

I like mornings better then evenings.

4 Likes

I used to stay up late at night playing PC video games in the late 1990s.
Just like all nighter studying for tests, I could pop up and get right to work.

Then 15 years later traffic got horrific in the city. I used to take the 895 tunnel but one day around a blind spot traffic was totally stopped which never happened before at that time of day.

So I started getting up at 6:30 to beat the traffic coming and going. It makes a 1 hour trip into a 30 minute one. Totally worth it although I hate getting up in the dark.

1 Like

Let’s just say that I have several hundred sunset pictures, and maybe five sunrise pictures. Further to that, I think they were all taken on the same morning.

10-96

2 Likes

that is so true, i felt really fresh this morning and there was less pressure on me bc it was the start of the day

and no-one was around.

idk if i will do it again that early, depends if i have the dog again which i think i will so something to look forward to maybe.

1 Like

‘And the moon stood still for the night bird’s song’ - Rod Mckuen I think

3 Likes