Any dream will do, but not

I had an aspiration to travel the world by boat. You know, learn to sail and sail the globe.

The problem is that I can’t. I get motion sickness sitting in a hammock or the backseat of a car, so pfffttt… The dream had to die.

Anybody else had a ‘dream’ shattered?

:frowning:

3 Likes

Being a stand up comedian like Bill Hicks.

I’m not funny!

1 Like

Dream about growing zucchinis in your neighbourhood.

2 Likes

Your dry sense of humour on your poetry tells another story!

2 Likes

I really wanted to be a professor of art but I can’t see that happening now.

1 Like

Why can’t you do that? What stops that dream?

1 Like

I wanted to be a famous musician and I can’t sing at all. I can still learn to write songs. Maybe you can still do something in that venue?

1 Like

Its winter here, last year i tried to grow marijuana, but the plant got stolen. This spring i grow veggies , big time. Thanks inspiring me.

1 Like

Have you tried scopolamine patches? I needed to use them when I first started VR exercise as it gave me horrible motion sickness. I was able to taper off the patches in about two months and the VR no longer bothers me.

1 Like

Yes it makes me a little nauseous too when i watch it too long. I think subconsciously it puts me off using my oculus more.

I don’t particularly want to take a ‘drug’ to use my oculus though.

What about the watches that press the vagus nerve, do they work?

The advice was to start with the patches and then taper off slowly to acclimatize to the VR environment. I started the patches last September. I was playing without them by mid-December.

Can’t say as I’ve never tried that.

1 Like

When I was about 24 to 25, and an associate engineer in a manufacturing engineering department, with an associate degree in industrial electronics and a partially completed BS in computer science, I dreamed that I would go back to school and complete my BS, and then become an engineer again later.

That dream was shattered. I didn’t realize how badly the great recession would hit. A few months after I left, someone ran some planes into the world trade center. I also didn’t realize how hard it would be to get a hardware engineering job again without a hardware engineering degree. It so happened I was in one of the few local places that did that, I guess.

I struggled with low paying jobs for years, and my dreams and confidence were sort of shattered for a few years, as you indicate. I started getting back on track in 2009.

1 Like

I secretly aspired to win a Nobel prize when I was little. Oscars didn’t appeal to me, but Nobels wow, I used to daydream about it a lot. Someone should’ve taught me early that dreams without action mean nothing. I was, and still am a triple A slacker.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.