Anxiety coping strategies😱💪

Hey fellows and friends, please share you anxiety coping strategies here for everyone to know, this can be a great help for others, :pray::couple_with_heart_woman_man:

5 Likes

Sometimes have full blown panic attacks…bit of valium can go a long way…but sometimes you need to ride it out. Anxiety is hard to beat.

1 Like

I use that energy to clean my house.

2 Likes

Positive self talk, music, prayer, deep breathing.

2 Likes

I have no ideas i have severe anxiety problem… may med helps …!!!

2 Likes

I had a two hour long ordeal this morning. Pacing around helped me.

1 Like

Deep breathing and meditation
Exercise

Marijuana helps my anxiety just saying

I’ve always used the mechanism of avoidance to cope with anxiety. I’ve used it too much. I’m diagnosed with avoidant personality disorder. My lifestyle right now is about as anxiety free as my life is ever going to be. I live in an assisted living center for the mentally ill. I don’t have to cope with unremitting solitude, and all the people around me have problems similar to mine, so I don’t feel like I stand out.

2 Likes

If I could still smoke pot at an assisted living facility I’d totally live in one.

2 Likes

sorry bud.

That is complete bs… they did the same ■■■■… at the mental hospitals here in Palm Beach County , you can’t smoke cigs when inpatient you have to get the patch… I mean I wouldn’t complain that badly the patch did it’s job… but still maybe I want to kill myself slowly with cigs… who the hell has the right to tell me I can’t that’s a load of horse doodoo.

Every single time I was baker acted I lied and lied my ass off… just to get out so I could smoke pot and cigs again because that’s like my only outlet since I don’t drink.

How do you lie your ass off to get out of inpatient?
You tell them you have no more suicidal thoughts and that you like yourself

Immediate: Remove myself from the source of anxiety (if possible). Share with someone close. Have some tea, pet the cat.

Long-term: Log anxiety in my recovery journal. Note the long-term outcome of the anxiety. Was it related to delusions? Was there a specific date? Did the date get blown through without anything happening (as usual)? Out of the short-term strategies I used, which were helpful? Having evidence of what anxieties turned out to be false over the years is a powerful tool for confronting new anxiety based on ongoing delusional thinking (like believing that my caridiac pacemaker could be implanted alien tech). Also, continue to do workbooks for anxiety:

:blush:

4 Likes

this naked guy knows what’s up ^

2 Likes

Exercise was the biggest thing that helped me, I actually think I would have gone insane my sophomore year of college had I not been hitting the gym daily. Other smaller things were meditation, yoga, asmr videos and coloring, also working with animals.

Pot is baaaaad for sz’s

A loving animal can help a lot in my opinion, cause love cures and they have it​:poodle::cat::mouse2::chicken::rabbit::bird::ox::horse::boar:

4 Likes

Adult coloring books. The patterns are far more intricate than kid’s coloring books. Plus you get an odd satisfaction out of coloring in a small butterfly. Don’t ask me why but it works.

2 Likes

I actually don’t like the intensely complex patterns of adult coloring books and find children’s coloring books more relaxing. Color by numbers is actually my favorite because you don’t have to think. Normal coloring can actually stress me out because I want it to look good, and adding complex patterns to it only makes it worse.

Thus I tend to steal my sisters my little pony and Disney coloring pages :imp: heh

4 Likes