Antipsychotics make you live longer

10 Likes

I’ll put this mildly.

The antipsychotic medication helps keep my thinking clear, which keeps me out of situations that are…”risky”…these situations have put my life in danger more than I may know.

The AP’s keep me healthier, im sure that increased my life expectancy

8 Likes

Aripiarzole has only been around since 2002.

I hope it is safe life long

2 Likes

What anti-psychotics does to our bodies isn’t natural and taking such strong medication everyday isn’t healthy. It intervenes with our blood cells and increases prolactin that is not healthy at all. 10% of schizophrenics commit suicide and about as much get into stupid fights or situations that can be dangerous. I would rather die young without schizophrenia than old with sz

3 Likes

What would we be without them…
Good to hear they are safe…

2 Likes

I’d rather die old with sz and meds, than die young without sz. After all, my sz is in remission.

2 Likes

Probably because of those that commit suicide. That is it to say if there is an increase of those who commit suicide while off meds as a factor, maybe, but let’s not sugar coat this crap pill that those on aps have shorter lives than those who aren’t on it and don’t have sz.

1 Like

Do you still hear voices @SkinnyMe, what’s their frequency and noise level?

1 Like

AP’s cause metabolic disorders like diabetes and cardiovascular issues.
Yeah let’s not sugarcoat this, I agree.

2 Likes

I don’t take APs for sz, but what about the brain shrinkage associated with APs? Doesn’t that also shorten the life span?

Brain doesn’t function as has to without medication. So being unmedicated having a lot of stress and it’s unhealthy.

@anon47167357, I still hear voices but they are rare anymore and their noise level is very low, thanks to three different AP’s: Risperdal Consta, Geodon and Seroquel.

1 Like

I think they give many people a degree of quality of life.

We’d all be locked up and psychotic if we didn’t have these pills.