Antipsychotics for life

You know what. It’s 4:25 am here. I can’t believe I’m up. I like your little frog icon. I gotta go to bed. Sorry I wasn’t more talkative. Good night.

1 Like

Invega is really effective and good drug, I managed to work on it and graduate from university

3 Likes

Once the dust has settled one can reduce slowly and find the sweet spot: the minimum effective dosage.
About TD there was a thread yesterday click

1 Like

I have another condition that I need to take medication for life, which I’m okay with.

It’s just another illness that I need to manage. And I’m okay with that.

I’m on the max dose of Invega. 12 mg pills daily. I’ve been on Invega for over a decade now.

I have been on small dose of meds for 42 years. Am able to get by on small dose but am very sick without meds. No heart attack so far. Some neurological damage from Veterans Admin. hospital over treatment.

1 Like

I was on the max dose of invega for several years. I switched to Aristada, then came off APs totally

It IS possible, but only if you’ve been stable for a few years and remain stable throufh reducing dosage.

And TD isn’t always for life. I had td and no longer have it.

2 Likes

I no longer have a problem with taking APs.
I do have a problem with the lingering negatives and the occasional depression.
I could be in a much worse place, so I’m trying to practice gratitude.

I’ve pretty much been on APs with very few breaks since 1993. No TD. No heart attacks that I wouldn’t have had without the APs (born with a bad heart). I’ve managed to work myself to a place where I function on a minimal dose and life is okay.

1 Like

I do need my doctor to upper my Seroquel dose to 700 mg

1 Like

I believe I will be on AP’s the rest of my life. I tried taking a low dose, 5mg, of Abilify and I became delusional again with some hallucinations. I don’t want to go through that again.

Don’t plan to come off meds any time soon. I’ll be on them probably for life.

This thread that I started is still going? I just slept 7 hours. And it’s still here Good to know that somebody did well on invega. It’s effective I agree a little too effective. I have like no imagination and feel kind of lobotomized but I did have a a lot of psychosis. I’ve been on it three years and every day seems like I’m a little heavier. I’m still not really fat. But I can’t stop it I went fro a rail to this in three years

I’m not gonna send picture sorry

Yes I have to take AP’s for life now. Too many attempts to come off have been failures and led to crises.

Been on some form of Psych Med since i was 17 (im 48 this year).

Too me its just an evil necessity. You gotta deal with what life chucks your way.

And i dont believe Invega/Xeplion/Paliperadone is a bad drug. When it comes to medication - what does you in, actually maybe helpful to someone else. Everyone has to go thru the process of what med suits them personally x

Yes, antipsychotics for life for me.

1 Like

Yeah, I thought about you when he asked about longevity on meds. Thanks for weighing in.

In the last couple of months I was finally able to grasp that this is a lifelong thing for me. I asked the nurse the last time during my injection how long I would be getting them for and she responded with “We have patients that get this for years.” and then it dawned on me that I am one of those patients too. I am worried how I will get a full time job when I have to get an injection once a month during the weekdays.

I am currently in this scenario where on the day of my injection I leave early from work for a medical appointment.

1 Like