Antipsychotics are a problem

i noticed that after taking a particular antipsychotic i behave in a particular way.after taking another antipsychotic i behave in another way.these antipsychotics are not worth.scientists are unable to find the real cause of schizhophrenia which is worldwide shame.

2 Likes

Sup bhakta …!!! What are u upto …!!!

My doctor said schizoaffective disorder and schizophrenia are chemical problems in the brain. But i don’t know anymore

2 Likes

Antypsychotic are good drug bot with a lot of sideffect!

1 Like

Yes and while psychotic you behave in yet another way. Which is better? :slight_smile:

1 Like

My personal experience is, we have Schizophrenia and certain brain parts/regions that control anger don’t work hence we behave like psychotic person and hence to keep psychotic nature in control we need antipsychotics which lower dopamine neurotransmitter and we no longer behave like a psychotic person but lowering dopamine can lead to unpleasant health like anhedonia now and depression in long term. I had anhedonia in the beginning and after more than 10 years of olanzapine usage I have depression

and to treat depression i placed an order for NSI-189

NSI-189 is in experimental stage for depression.

If you ask me, antipsychotics are the best option.

It’s rare to find anyone who LIKES taking antipsychotics - except for the mentally ill - as evidenced by the concensus found on this site. Naturally, these drugs would be unpleasant to anyone in their right mind.

I don’t LIKE taking APs, I just happen to HATE being full-on whackdoodle. Which is what happens when go off my meds. It’s a value proposition, and I think it speaks well to the majority of folks here that they can make in informed decision that helps them maximize their function in the face of a crippling medical condition. Sure there are trade-offs, but they are mostly manageable.

1 Like

I nearly ended up in jail or homeless during my last psychotic break.
Being on the proper dose of Antipsychotic saved me.
Stay on your meds folks!

1 Like

Antipsychotics are supposed to produce a state of sedation and slowed down thinking called neurolepsis. Incidentally they also work for schizophrenia symptoms doctors have found. They stop the stimulant/amphetamine high and block psychosis in a bit more than half of all psychotic patients.

Unfortunately they’re what they call “dirty drugs” meaning they have actions which hit receptors and systems other than dopamine, more so in the newer generation of meds. It’s this tweaking which produces your subjective experiences of personality or mood changes. If you want to avoid these issues maybe consider going on a first generation drug which tampers with the brain chenistry more directly

I had to take a first gen AP for two weeks while recovering from a Rexulti/Allermax interaction. Haldol. It nearly rendered me unable to do my day job. Two more weeks on it and I would have been fired from my day job, for sure. My day job is all cognitive processing, lots of problem solving, and requires a high energy level. All thing things Haldol renders me incapable of.

I am so grateful for the newer APs, they are why I have a life and a career.

4 Likes