Ancient Greek: Skhizein = To Split & Phren = Mind. Do You Believe In This?

Ya, typically the nomenclature is derived from Latin and Greek when it comes to the most names and words for the most intrinsic phenomena and for a lot of species and other facets defined by the sciences. The last 500 years of old Europe is where we get the majority of the words from for all of the cultural and economic things and in general contemporary social exchange vocabulary.

So if you want to name something light, using old Europe lingo is common. When you want to name something really heavy, using ancient Greek or Latin is common.

1 Like

You know people want to change the name from schizophrenia to psychic spectrum disorder. The only problem I have with the word schizophrenia is the stigma and ignorance around it. Same with the word psychotic.

1 Like

I only understand dirt, puppies, and lollipops.

FC, I’m stilling working on a visual response to your question. I took a ride yesterday to get some things done, and I added some more concepts that I want to use to reply to you with what I promised.

I think I’ll start it in another thread.

It’s no problem. I find that in teaching I am learning. It’s the same as I write. In fact believe it or not by writing and teaching I find that I wind up thinking better in the process, and in the end I wind up having learnt more than I started with when I began explanations.

Tanks for the question. Talk to you soon.

1 Like

Hi my friend dma sup…arent u sleeping till now …what are u doing…

One more thing.

You’ve heard of the game “21 Questions” or “Charades,” right?

It’s a game where a player picks out a subject. and the other players have to pick out the predicate that is true about that subject.

If they pick out the wrong predicate, then, no, they are illogical. No point. If they pick out the right predicate, then bingo! They get a point. It’s a logical statement.

The whole universe is like that. All language is like that, and our brains are like that. It all works on “logic.” Even computers work on logic in fact the computer such as binary and processing gates stem from the philosophers which cornered the phenomena of universal logic. There is nothing more than logic including ourselves.

So when you are looking into your thoughts and feelings, look for all of the logic fallacies. Just grab hold of the subject, and then track down the predicate about it. Is it logical or is it irrational? When you answer that, the information enters the left side of the sensory table I explained in the post above this one.

You will see that the newfound information about fallacies enters your logic organs, and turns off emotions, gives you new ideas, and even changes the way you behave. Not so awkward.

Everyone has to be logical, FC, not just scz’s. I call this the stone intersection where all subjects in the universe meet all predicates. Everything inside of us and throughout all of reality comes to the stone intersection of logic.

Good luck. Sorry it took too long to get back to you.

1 Like

I’m teaching about logic.

I’ve been working on a laptop today. It’s broken.

1 Like

Try to repair it…ur post important to us …!!!

2 Likes

I’m writing on a different computer right now. That laptop is a friend’s.

1 Like

I don’t think they can tell me what’s going on in my mind as much as they can tell what is going on inside a dementia patient’s mind.

1 Like

You could have just looked it up, you know. Instead of making things up. We were talking about the original meaning of the word, and the original meaning is this:

“The word schizophrenia—which translates roughly as “splitting of the mind” and comes from the Greek roots schizein (σχίζειν, “to split”) and phrēn, phren- (φρήν, φρεν-, “mind”)[186]—was coined by Eugen Bleuler in 1908 and was intended to describe the separation of function between personality, thinking, memory, and perception.”
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schizophrenia#History

Personality, thinking, memory and perception are mental faculties. Bleuler meant that the illness is a split between these mental faculties - NOT a split into different personalities.

Okay, but I was talking only to FarCry. That’s okay though. You try very hard to get in some conversation. I do the same thing a lot…in a different way.

Don’t flatter yourself.

Personality is mind. When it is in a social theater within itself, it is said to be “split” or “schizen.”

Do you agree or no?

By the way, I use the term “personality” as a word to describe the subject which as been called over the ages soul, spirit, mind, psyche, the bowels, inner self and so on.

You’re a hard trier, and a very nice one at that. Keep making positive waves, and they will come back to make your day in some way. :slight_smile: Hehe

U got big muscles dude

2 Likes

We make pancakes where we come from, and we are good at it. :wink:

1 Like

So, basically, you now know Bleuler specifically didn’t mean it the way you think he did, but you define personality in a way that’s completely idiosyncratic to you, and therefore you’re right?

You’re misguided. I’m not offended. What is more?

I’m a researcher and writer, and I’m scz. I have to use words sometimes that change the way the word is understood, and I think very long and hard about it before doing it. Some times there is no appropriate word, so I make due. When you write a book’s worth of anything every month for your own notes and for other people, then you will understand.

You must be abashed. It’s okay. You’re trying, and that’s what I gotta say you’re doing good at. What do you think?

1 Like

I think it’s time to close this thread. I used to think like this when I was ill. I used to think that I had all the answers, and that I needed to tell people about them. But you’re not doing anyone a favor by trying to get disciples here. And no, I’m not abashed. The only thing I’m embarrassed about it is caring about your smug, superior attitude enough to bother to reply to you.