An idea from a sith lord

@szadmin
when topics are :lock: locked , is it possible to put a brief reason…
this would help to appease any ill feeling, hurt…or frustration that the poster or readers may feel.
thank you.
take care
p.s i think the moderators do a good but tricky job.

11 Likes

I think that’s a good idea. It will help lesson the confusion. Actually though, Pixel does that already on some locked threads if I’m not mistaken.

2 Likes

Not only that, but I question the locking for reasons ‘I think this thread has run its course’ or "This topic is over a month old.’
And at times I have seen threads locked because one person posts they are not happy with it…which leaves X amount of others (the rest of the posters) shut down because of one person.
I used to moderate on some forums years ago…mostly if i intervened it would be to get back on topic if it went entirely off topic. I only locked threads if people started attacking each other badly and it got out of hand. even then i would post a warning first that if the flaming/attacking/swearing continued it would be locked and often the people chilled out.
Also, I have seen threads run for years, and some be inactive for months or even years and someone reads it and resurrects it. That sometimes brings some very interesting topics back to life.

I posted this before and will post again. It seems only certain topics are singled out: those being religious or alien, and it still seems that way…

here’s some statistics on these particular topics:

77 percent of all Americans “believe there are signs that aliens have visited Earth”
(National Geographic poll)

74% of Americans believe in God
72% believe in miracles
64% believe in life after death
42% believe in ghosts
36% believe in UFOs

(Harris polls)

Gallup polls show 3/4 of Americans believe in at least one form of paranormal phenomenon…some of the things on the list would be considered purely delusional here but the percentages are way higher than people with SZ.

That shows a full 2/3 to 3/4 of Americans believe in religious type ideas, over 3/4 believe in aliens in some way, and over 1/3 believe in UFOs, with 3/4 believing in some form of paranormal activity…that’s over hundreds of millions of people.

Yet SZ is supposedly only 1% (1.1 actually of adults) of the population…

3 Likes

Americans are known for being stupid. But you make a good point these conversations really aren’t that delusional.

4 Likes

LOL…
ok…try this…

This should be especially of interest to you considering you often report some of these types of things…

Britons report ‘psychic powers’

More than 40% of people claimed experience of mind-reading
More than half of Britons believe in psychic powers such as mind-reading and premonitions, a survey suggests.
Of 1,006 adults polled for Readers Digest Magazine, 43% reported reading others’ thoughts or having theirs read.
More than half had had a dream or premonition of an event before it happened and 26% said they had sensed when a loved-one was ill or in trouble.
A fifth said they had seen a ghost and 29% believed near-death experiences were evidence there was an afterlife.
Of those questioned, 43% claimed to have tapped into other people’s thoughts or to have had their own minds read by someone else.

And how about this?

Almost one in four Russians (23 percent) expect the human race to be contacted by representatives of an alien civilization in the next 50 years, according to an opinion poll published on Friday…
The findings come shortly after an influential archpriest in Russia’s Orthodox Church said people often mistook angels and demons for aliens.

And heres a survey done worldwide…this is just for believers in aliens actually living among us !

SINGAPORE (Reuters) – Aliens exist and they live in our midst disguised as humans – at least, that’s what 20 percent of people polled in a global survey believe.

The Reuters Ipsos poll of 23,000 adults in 22 countries showed that more than 40 percent of people from India and China believe that aliens walk among us disguised as humans, while those least likely to believe in this are from Belgium, Sweden and the Netherlands (8 percent each).

However, the majority of people polled, or 80 percent, don’t believe aliens in our midst.

1 Like

Yeah aliens disguised as humans is pretty far fetched. Shapeshifting would be some interdimensional ■■■■.

As far a telepathy goes I’m convinced I’m a thought broadcaster. I either opened up the channel of my mind or they made me into this. I still think recovery is possible. If I can just change myself into something that they would rather just leave alone. I’ve made a lot of progress. Anyways though the telepaths are pretty harmless aside from the psychological trauma they can put you through.

OK - I’m going to close this discussion thread because darkSith had a good idea and we’ll try to follow it in the future.

5 Likes