Am I too ill to work?

I’ll be getting a job this or next week and I will be working around children. A couple days ago I was pretty psychotic and I had delusions I had to inject myself with estrogen to feminize myself, I flipped a coin to make this decision and it was luckily against it. It is scary knowing I could have ordered it if I got heads instead. Today I offered to give my priest my phone for good so I don’t go on 4chan and fuel my delusions, I also blocked it on my computer. I felt guilty and considered whipping myself to cleanse myself of inquity and I stopped that delusion. I am getter better everyday.

1 Like

Good luck with the job! I hope it goes well.

2 Likes

I hope so too, I get very anxious in public and I get bombarded with intrusive thoughts. I want to get out of the house and make a little bit of money.

1 Like

From what you describe I think maybe this might not be the best time to start working. You could always try, but don’t be too hard on yourself if it doesen’t work out. I have dropped out of work a couple of times because of psychosis. It’s not a good feeling, but I feel better after joining this community because I get a greater sense that I am not alone in my challenges.

3 Likes