Am I really sick?

@Hatty1
I personally don’t kn ow if genetics would apply with me, but i also was never diagnosed Sz…schizoaffective-bipolar, yes, and schizophreniform as well as schizotypal personality was tossed around as a possible diagnoses a few years ago.

My Mom was a bit eccentric but I doubt would have fit the diagnostic criteria for any of the SZ’s No other known family had anything close to it. I know one of my children can see ghosts and talk to them, but he’s not even 10 yet so almost can’t even count that as a lot of kids tend to see things and talk to things.
I do however know my ancestry going way back comes from 2 branches of people who were highly spiritual… and there was even mention somewhere of spiritual awakening skipping 7 generations…so if that is correct I have no way of knowing details about an ancestor that lived in the late 1700s to early 1800s. (Unless i received revelation about them by spirit) I would know however that my Native ancestors in those days would have all been very spiritual as they had yet to be oppressed…

I have quiet times where not much bother me, but then something stirs the pot up and I get all flustered and schizo…its mostly stress in my situation. I know stress is a big trigger for me, so I try to avoid it…but you can’t avoid stress all the time…and even in my quiet moments I may still hear a voice or two or four or whatever, it’s just my ability to ignore them and move about my business.