Almost time for the kids to go to their dad's place

Hopefully that means I can get my ass in gear and clean this effing pig sty of a house. I have no reason to get up early tomorrow so I should be able to stay up tonight to get stuff done.

2 Likes

Sounds a decent plan and I love it when a plan comes together. Always good to get things done so wishing you the best.

1 Like

Thanks! 1515151

1 Like

I like to make lists of what needs to be done and check them off. This might seem silly but sometimes I make a game out of it. I cut out little pieces of paper and write down things to get done. I fold the papers together, put them in a box, draw a piece, do that papered item, tear it up when finished and throw them away. I make a lot of pieces so I can break them down into small tasks that don’t take long, so it’s more fun to do them and I feel like I’m doing a lot. For example, instead of clean the house, I will go item specific such as make guest room bed. Clean master bathroom toilet, clean off the left side of the kitchen counter etc. I even through in getting ready stuff in the mix to such as take a shower, iron outfit, brush teeth. I could be going from taking out the garbage to drying hair then to emptying dishwasher! I just try to make it a game with as many pieces of paper as possible bc it makes me feel better. Like I’m accomplishing a lot and I’m like, what am I going to do next? Only the cards know! Lol! Yes it’s weird, but whatever works! For some reason when I do it this way I don’t want to stop as much as I would if I just said clean my bedroom or clean my kitchen!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.