Almost 2 months without garlic & onion. Good vibes!

For those of you that love garlic and onions, good stuff. Garlic and onion have many benefits.

For me I feel a lot better off without them. I think my sauces have more vibrant flavours without garlic and onion.

I have more ginger as well now.

I start feeling better off about 5 days of stopping them. I’m nearly 2 months without them.

Too much onion and garlic can cause anemia and damage to the red blood cells. Also can lower mood in certain people. I read about it.

My tomato bolognaise sauces have a more fruity flavour, whereas when I used to add onion garlic it would deepen the taste, probably not they way I like it, but some really like it that way.

It’s interesting, because I do notice a difference.

Just thought I’d share that.

Please don’t stop garlic and onion because of me. A lot of people benefit from them, I just feel better personally without them.

2 Likes

@vyom

Yeh my mood is more upbeat. If feel I have more passion now.

It’s a different kind of passion.

2 Likes

Yes. You are well informed tha k you

1 Like

1 Like

You have that! :laughing: Totally unexpected!

Great to know you are into cuisine.

1 Like

It’s because I watched a movie called “Cheeni Kum”

1 Like

Cheeni_Kum_poster
Hes a chef and cooks with it.
Difficult film to find with subs btw i thi k i ended up renting it on amazon.

1 Like

That’s a pleasant surprise! I really liked title song of that movie. Reminds me of school days.

You turned out a real connoisseur! :laughing:

1 Like

#fakenews

Me, I’m saving hell for after I die.

Pass the garlic.

1 Like

My mom does not eat onion and garlic as well. But rarely she eats if no other choice. It’s because they are sexually produced plants as I recall. Not sure if it’s true. As @vyom said it has some non-preferred qualities.

2 Likes

When I traveled in India I did not encounter garlic in any of the cuisine but there is onion though. often.

2 Likes

Depends on the place. Here there different cuisines in different places. It even varies from city to city.

2 Likes

Garlic is nearly ubiquitous in Indian cuisine, particularly in the masala sauces.

2 Likes

Huh your right! Its dried and powdered and in thr curries. I didnt notice it in the melange.
Thanks @shutterbug!

Though i know there are many dishes that call for asoefeitda instead. I guess those arent curry dishes.

1 Like

He’s my spaghetti bolognaise recipe. You can add onion and garlic if u like.

Olive oil, canned tomatoes, salt pepper, red wine, minced beef, bacon rashers, and sometimes I add a little sweetcorn. I drizzle with honey as well.

Cook how you would normally make bolognaise. Of course I used to add onion garlic, but just as good without it.

Stir the red wine in with the bacon and minced beef before adding canned tomatoes.

Simmer for 15 -20 minutes.

It’s very yummy

Updated- also add a little oregano

I don’t like raw onion or garlic but I kind of like fried and cooked onions in my cuisine.

I mean onions are prevalent in almost every type of cuisine.

It’s hard to avoid.

When I cook I’ll use onion and garlic powder.

I just can’t eat these raw… yuk!

1 Like

@Wave

It’s definitely hard to avoid. They’re in everything. For me it’s worth it though. But yeh it’s hard avoiding them at first.

They are good for you though I think, I’m just feeling better without them.

1 Like

Yeah onions and garlic are extremely healthy.

Garlic oil capsules are used to lower cholesterol levels

1 Like