Actress dies of prolonged Keto diet: Experts warn of consequences

Already studied that in university but forgot most of it. I would rather learn it in university if I have to.

Why don’t you study nutrition in university? You seem interested and could make good money while helping ppl by being a nutritionist.

Check out cholesterolcode.com

1 Like

Because you’re overweight. Losing weight will help lower your LDL.

Its possible but I know skinny ppl with high cholesterol. There’s a lot of factors to high cholesterol.

It may in the long term. As one loses weight, it has to increase to carry triglycerides from the fat storage to be used as energy. I say may because as I already explained the diet, but exercise, and genetics are huge variables, and if the LDL is high quality and HDL is increased and triglycerides are low, it falls out of the picture as a risk factor. Check out cholesterolcode.com

1 Like

Might as well lose some weight and find out if it’s one of them.

:grin:

1 Like

How to lower triglycerides? Mine is genetic, my mother has it too. Meds don’t lower triglycerides, they just lower bad cholesterol, LDL. My LDL is very low now in blood tests. I started taking fish oil concentrate as I read it lowers triglycerides. I will know if it works next blood test.

Often reducing carbs works in the long term.

1 Like

No other way or supplements?

I also have genetic fatty liver disease since I was 135lb at 17 y.o. My mother has it too :frowning:

As far as metabolism is concerned diet is a huge factor. If you look at the biochemistry and what happens when you eat an overabundance of carbs you’ll see why they create triglycerides that have to go into fat storage. Your fat cells, however might be full, and you might be having trouble generating new ones. Adipocite hypertrophy. There’s an overflow, so triglycerides linger longer. That’s also the reason for non-alcoholic fatty liver disease. When your fat storage is full, the liver can’t export the fat and it accumulates there.

1 Like

Debunked huh? lol Im sorry but I have a degree in nutrition. I was a licensed dietition and now im 9 months away from being a licensed medical doctor so I think its fair to say I have a different view than you. I really dont have the time or interest of getting into a debate with you on the subject.

@prettyunbalanced what you’re presenting here as bullet-proof science is not the scientific consensus in nutrition. Nutrition is not a hard science by any means, but you’re basically proselytizing a fringe view not supported by the majority of scientists who are experts in that area.

@Ninjastar @anon4362788 @rogueone I really think it’s time to close this thread. It’s more misinformation than it is helpful.

1 Like

I am doing neither of that. I am stating what I’ve learned from the experts. Cutting edge dogma-free science and medicine are being democratized.

I am not against scientific discussion, even among non-experts. I’m just saying you’re presenting all of this as some sort of consensus when it is anything but that.

Disagreements are fine, that’s what it’s all about. I am only interested in improving my health, but see nothing wrong with sharing what I’ve learned.

Don’t forget that science tends to be way ahead of medicine, and neither science nor medicine are without controversies and dogmas.

I have to look beyond dogmas and ideologies to improve my health, like thousands of others.

Not exactly. I’ve mentioned controversy many times.

It seems to me that most of what you’ve presented as fact is actually pretty controversial. It’s OK to have opinions, but all this is just misleading and potentially harmful.

every time there is a debate, close it down…