About meeting my parents

So I had yet again another discussion about it. Said it’s making me anxious that he isn’t showing any sign of even wanting to meet my family. I asked him about his previous girlfriend who he didn’t tell his parents about for 2 years, it ended badly. I told him if he’s going to wait two years then it’s best we leave it. But he started crying and says he will meet them but questioned if this is making me anxious then perhaps other things will too. I can’t and didn’t answer that.

2 Likes

It’s been a while since I’ve been active on the forum, so forgive me if I don’t really know what’s going on @anon80629714.
I will say that he’s been putting this off for quite some time now.
Hate to be negative, but at this point it seems like either he has something to hide, or maybe he has some deeper issues that you haven’t been made aware of.
If he refuses to meet your parents, he might just be unwilling to be a part of the relationship you want from him. It might not be the best idea to consider him as a viable candidate for marriage.
If he has such a problem with something as innocuous as meeting your parents, how will he be able to accommodate you and your wishes once you’ve tied the knot? And if and when children come into the picture, what will happen then?

2 Likes

Maybe he has something to hide and that’s why he is avoiding meeting your parents.

2 Likes

He said that when the time came to introduce his previous girlfriend his parents didn’t approve because she kept making excuses not to meet them … Kinda the same thing happening with me here. When I said we needed to end it if it carries on or if he’s planning to wait two years he broke down. He said he’ll meet my mum in a few weeks.

3 Likes

Just be careful @anon80629714.
If this is the only issue, maybe I’m being too hard on him.
But it seems that he is already making excuses to evade his responsibilities towards you and your family.

1 Like

The worst part was him saying if I’m having anxieties now and this gets resolved, I’m going to find other things. The nerve :worried:

He said that? As if this is somehow your fault?
Not a good sign @anon80629714.
I honestly think you can do way better.

1 Like

Well he said he will meet in a few weeks so if that doesn’t happen I walk.

2 Likes

And if this relationship doesn’t work out I’m done with relationships… I don’t think I need that kinda stress in my life. But I really like spending time with him he has no other motive but to spend time which is why I really liked him. He doesn’t push the sex subject ever.

1 Like

Maybe you can set an official date for when he will meet your parents, so he knows what to expect and when to be ready.

I don’t personally think he has anything to hide. I think he’s just afraid. It wasn’t fair of him to turn it around and blame you, though. That just screams insecure to me.

1 Like

Never write yourself off from the thing that is life @anon80629714 !

Boys are boys. Turn him into a man! If he doesn’t come up to scratch there’s plenty of punters out there who’ll treat you well and that is what is important.

I think your both pretty new to this boyfriend/girlfriend experience but you will work through this stuff. If you like the guy then it’s worth it. If he’s not up to speed then maybe not!

It’s all experience! You live and learn and your so gawdamn young my friend! Don’t sell yourself short!

1 Like

Meeting parents is a very easy/simple thing. You’re all adults. What’s the big deal? Just call him up and tell him to come over and introduce himself. If a grown man is hiding from his girlfriend’s parents there is something seriously wrong with him.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.