Schizophrenia.com

Abilify is stronger than I thought?

Ok you are at average BMI for patients on risperidone if you take abilify, you should expect around 29-30 BMI on average according to one study I read

2 Likes

Ok thanks 155555

For me 20mg Abilify was equal to 4mg Risperdal.
Max dose Risperdal is 8mg and max dose Abilify is 30mg so I would say Risperdal is more potent.

1 Like

I was 80lb pound less on 20mg Abilify than 4mg Risperdal.

1 Like

Hi so are you on risperidone and ability? I might ask my doctor about adding small amount of abilify to lower prolactin.

1 Like

Amisulpride 800mg and Abilify 5mg.

They tested me after a month and prolactin actually increased.

I have given up resisting pills for this and that now.

1 Like

So amisulpride raises levels similar to Risperidone?

1 Like

Yes it does. It’s one of the main side effects

1 Like

It’s the most annoying symptom of risperidone for me. Other than that works great. I lowered dose a bit. Isix months will lower a bit again if all well. I have a small list of antipsychotics I can try and quietapine and olanzapam are out because of the metabolic effects and ability didn’t work. Waiting for more generics to come out and be approved by the medical aid.imi might try the risperidone constsa when it comes out in generic as heard better than the tablet form.

1 Like

I’m going to lower my dose down to 3mg soon.

I got a pretty good gain in my bench press when they put me on Abilify. That is rare for an ap. They eventually had to take me off of it because it got me a little too amp’ed up.

2 Likes

That’s good I noticed a huge difference between 4mg and 3mg. 5mg I had such bad side effects I was a zombie, I’m really liking the changes just dropping to 2.5mg sure 2mg will be fine will stay on that for two years then slowly x
Drop to 1.5

1 Like

Good luck with everything @MisterCrowley

Good thing they took you off it! You were a beast yes!?

2 Likes

Thanks in no rush to drop just taking it very slow. I really like risperidone forget I have schizophrenia on it

1 Like

At one time I weighed 175 lbs and bench pressed 285. That’s not good enough to get into competitive power lifting, though. To do that you need to bench press at least twice your weight, and then some. Sometimes I wish I had gone ahead and built up some more muscle mass.

1 Like