Abilify Injection & Blurry Vision

Anyone else getting blurry vision? I recently switched to the shot and after about 2 weeks I noticed my vision getting blurry. I went to my PCP and they said everything checked out normal as far as blood work and vitals. My psychiatrist says it’s likely not from the medication so I went to an eye doctor today and they prescribed me new glasses which I’ve never worn glasses before, but definitely my vision showed to need a script. I know it’s not all in my head. I’m wondering if others out there on Abilify are having similar symptoms.

Cheers,
Summer

1 Like

Welcome @Summer2

If you find yourself in need of help, just tag a moderator. Type the @ symbol, then our names

@anon4362788 , @Ninjastar , @Moonbeam, @rogueone, and @Bowens

Enjoy your stay with us!

2 Likes

I am on Aripiprazole(Abilify) pills and have noticed blurry vision before. I think some of my up close blurry vision is just related to aging but some of it may be abilify as well. Either I have gotten used to it or I don’t get it as much now because I don’t notice it like I used to.

3 Likes

“SIDE EFFECTS: See also Warning section. Dizziness, lightheadedness, drowsiness, nausea, vomiting, tiredness, excess saliva/drooling, blurred vision, weight gain, constipation, headache, and trouble sleeping may occur. If any of these effects persist or worsen, tell your doctor or pharmacist promptly.”

https://www.rxlist.com/abilify-side-effects-drug-center.htm#:~:text=SIDE%20EFFECTS%3A%20See%20also%20Warning,your%20doctor%20or%20pharmacist%20promptly.

1 Like

I notice blurred vision from my Abilify pills about 45min-1hour after I take them. Only noticed it when I went up to 20mg and it’s part of the reason I take it at night now. The blurred vision is gone by the time I wake up in the morning

2 Likes