Abilify compulsive shopping ruining my life?

I know what you mean-- the cycle continues:

You return something, then buy something else and return and rebuy… It can be vicious, not to mention financially and emotionally draining.

It might be a good idea to bring this up to your pdoc asap, as compulsive behaviors have happened in some people who have taken Abilify.

1 Like

I stopped Abilify due to shopping addiction. No more issues now on Risperdal but on Latuda too didnt have shopping addiction, it was only on Abilify.

Try Vraylar or Caplyta. Maybe Rexulti. They’re partial dopamine agonists just like Abilify.

1 Like

Yeah I might have to. Because i dont think they understand the real issue it has caused me to be honest. As I havent tolled them to the extent I have gone

I will maybe ask them but tbh I dont think they are in my country I have tryed telling my mom about it and my family but they dont understand and tell me its normal when they know it’s not

1 Like

They say its because I’m bored and not the medication

1 Like

Latuda was pretty close to Abilify for me without causing shopping addiction. There are plenty of other antipsychotics too. Show this to your psychiatrist, he should understand:

1 Like

I think I’ll have to thank you for your help I appreciate it.

1 Like

I think we might have that where we are actually I will have a look

1 Like

Hopefully the Latuda will work for you. I tried Abilify, Zyprexa, Risperdal, Latuda and low dose Seroquel. I was able to work at a full time office job while on 80mg Latuda but had to stop it after about a year due to akathisia, insomnia, nausea and some positive symptoms. You may not get any side effects though.

1 Like

Yeah I hope so. I dont know though I’m pretty sensitive to meds hopefully I’ll just be able to just come off them but not sure

1 Like

I have the same problem. And If I switch from abilify the next med up would cost me $4,000 a year for latuda

So I have to hedge a bet that my impulsive purchases/costly behavior totals less than $4,000 a year.

It’s close. It’s real close trust me. I have an expensive cannabis habit we think is cuz abilify doesn’t do all that good of a job.

In March I traded my Toyota Corolla for a more expensive mini van. I have reasons other than impulse control for that deal tho…

There are things like that…

GL OP

1 Like