A Quote by Joe Rogan

“You know, you look at the world a certain way because that’s how you were taught by your parents. When you’re in your teen years, you start having to restructure things. You start looking at things like, ‘They don’t eve know what the ■■■■ they’re talking about, they’re talking crazy ■■■■.’ And then you realize 'They don’t even know what the ■■■■ they’re talking about, my parents are just some ■■■■■■■ people, just like all the other idiots that I meet all day, and they just ■■■■■■. They’re no different than my idiot friends, they’re no different than my idiot teachers, they just ■■■■■■. They just ■■■■■■ and made me.”

I discovered the same thing. From talking to customer service people on the phone or even Social Security, I learned that there are a LOT of people who are in positions of power and responsibility who do not know their job. A lot of them are just winging it hoping no one will notice they are lost or do not know what they are doing. It can be frightening in some cases.

1 Like

Then once you move out on your own, and far away from your parents…it happens.

Quite gradually at first, the in time, things make more sense, things start to come together in bits and pieces.

One day, you’ll look back on your life and it hits you, your parents were pretty darn smart about life after all.
(That is if you had parents that were good for you-which sadly isn’t always the case)

If you haven’t gotten every stinking thing you’ve earned in your own life with your own two hands (in this case congratulate yourself and be proud!) if not, you might consider thanking your parents for being their for you, in person if it’s not too late.

1 Like

Yeah he was a bit angry in his wording. I am very grateful towards my mother, although there have been times where she didn’t understand and acted sorta mean, she’s been very supportive and helpful recently.