A profound social deficit

Due to my schizophrenia I am low in social skills. Don’t exactly know how to hold a good conversation. Maybe I can learn. Give and take, honesty, caring, the right amount of sensitivity, and most of all: choice of topic.
I am size small.

2 Likes

me too my friend

Social life is really challenging, I sort of live at the fringe of society myself. I don’t have many real life friends, most are over the internet or social media. So friendship is something I really struggle with. Having poverty of speech doesnt make this any easier.

1 Like

its so painful when you dont receive back your love

1 Like

In high school I used to hate and distrust everyone. I never believed in having a social life. I never thought I was good enough for anyones time. But I loved being by myself, alone with my movies/books music and imaginary worlds. Now I can’t even enjoy my time alone because of symptoms.

1 Like

i know exactly how that feels
if i just could read and learn and have hobbies…

1 Like

haha @kuckuckuc if my cognitive functioning becomes good I’ll go to a yeshiva!

1 Like

Nothing to learn, these normies simply know how to talk about nothing in 100 different ways. They should learn from us because we only speak when there is something important to say :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This is so true!!! I only speak when something needs to be said. Since I take the antipsychotic, I can’t speak for fun anymore. People think I’m boring because of that.

1 Like