A Poem: Single

Why did I end up single?
Character flaws.
Not mine,
But theirs :smiley:

11 Likes

Lol! Good mindset.

I wouldn’t date a woman who would date me, shows they have horrible taste.

:laughing:

2 Likes

First comes character. Largely set in stone so unchangeable. You hit the nail on its head, everhopeful.
Only then comes attitude. With effort and good will it can be improved. But even the best possible attitude can’t make up for a lousy character.

1 Like

@everhopeful when I was in college, I was so down on myself that when a guy asked me out I immediately thought I was too good for him. Fortunately, we became friends. I was really stuck up and insecure.

1 Like

Why am I single?
I didn’t want to have a girlfriend, or wife with poverty wages and the inability to drive
Because I knew there was something better out there
And no matter what I tried
I couldn’t avoid it
And that is that

1 Like

I’m single because I’m insane. Got to be honest about that.

2 Likes

I’m single because I’m not ready for being not single. I think it will happen one day.

I hate using the word hopefully. But I feel like I have to add it on everywhere, :roll_eyes:

Nice poem :grin:

2 Likes

An acquaintance of mine used to obsess over finding the “One”. One day his therapist told him “Harvey, not everyone is meant to be in a relationship.” This gave him some peace of mind and helped lift his obsession.

It gives me some peace too. Not everyone has a missing half, some of us are whole all by ourselves.

1 Like

nice poem @everhopeful =)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.