A movie that looks at suicide

I have been seeking help with some occasional thoughts of suicide. I looked for movies that would help me. I found one, which I just watched, called, “An Inspector Calls” (2015). It is about an interrogation into what events in a person’s life could have warranted suicide. I realized that I myself don’t really have strong reasons to commit suicide. The movie has me thinking. Perhaps for me it is the apathy, lack of things to do, and depression. I got some positive insight from this movie. I hope I am able to ward off future thoughts of suicide.

4 Likes

If you are feeling suicidal, please tell someone — a friend or family member, a teacher, a doctor or therapist or call 911 (if you’re in the U.S.) or the Emergency Medical Services phone number in your country.

You can also call a suicide prevention hotline—these are available in the U.S. and in many other countries.

International suicide hotlines:

Suicide hotlines in the U.S.:

More resources:

Thanks for caring, Ninjastar. I have a social worker/ therapist with whom I am talking about this. Also, my mother. I also told my psychiatrist.

For what it’s worth I had transient suicidal thoughts and my psychiatrist and I decided to increase my dose and they went away. (I went from 10mg abilify to 15mg)

1 Like

Thanks, Everhopeful. I feel like I am going through some hard times. But I am getting a lot of help. It is not bad every day. I am on 15 mg of Zyprexa. Maybe I will tell my doctor and see what he says.
When I first posted this thread I didn’t realize how it reflected on me.

1 Like

I had suicidal thoughts and a ■■■■■■■ ■■■■ in my head told me “do it.”

I suggest you to see these inspiring movies.

The Shawshank Redemption (1994)

Cast Away (2000)

Here is a scene from cast away.

The first rule of suicidal tendencies: DON’T DO IT! The second rule: Get Therapy! The third rule: Remember the crisis lines. If the local lines aren’t operating the national lines probably are. Try not to brood. Look for ways to distract yourself. Spend time on your computer. Watch a good movie. Remember that people on this site can help.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.