A lot of laughter

At my house I am often happy. There’s a lot of honest laughter. Me and my housemate crack each other up.
It’s usually over stupid stuff but it’s a big relief.

I’m 55 years old and I’m living the life I missed out on as a teenager. Like talking to women, making it plain to my neighbors in my boarding house that I’m cool no matter what they believe about me. It’s actually pretty neat living here. I’ve been hospitalized ten or eleven times and one hospitalization was for 8 months. And I was in a few group homes, and I was in one for 5 years.

When I first started going to these places I was very naive. I thought that when I lived in these homes that we would all get along and stick together and help each other out. I thought it would be like we were on the same side. Well, it wasn’t like that. In these places there’s cliques, dangerous people, and no body really cared about anyone else. My current place is not like that. People stick up for each other and watch out for each other. The men watch out for the women, people are friends. I’m finally feeling like a real human being here. I feel alive and I have real feelings. I don’t know where I was my whole life but now I’m curious about people and things around me. I appreciate being alive, life is an adventure.

Anyways, I hope you guys have a good night and a good tomorrow.

7 Likes