A former lover, and friend contacted me last night

As is usual, whenever she comes up against a possible health crisis, she calls me up to talk and just get her stress out and ventilate. When the health crisis is over, she cuts off contact with me again, sometimes for years. And like a fool, I always make myself available for her. We just pick up right where we left off as if nothing had happened. I swear I’m her emotional punching bag. I’m a total fool for this girl. I don’t know if I will ever get over her. I simply can’t tell her to get lost, like I should. Is there any hope for me? I still call her, “honey” and “sweetheart” over the phone, I can’t help it. She never returns the favor. I’m crazy, I know.

2 Likes

We all have someone like that in our lives,

Someone we’re just a sucker for.

Enjoy being friends right now,

But remember she’ll leave again.

Try to protect your feelings, @SkinnyMe.

3 Likes

I know that it is as sure as death and taxes that she’ll block her phone number from me again I’m sure.

1 Like

love can overcome much I think…you have a big heart and that makes it easy to love but easy to get hurt too…be careful honey…haha o k no honey

1 Like

I had a relationship like this for years until I cut it off. It’s not healthy at all. Don’t be a doormat @SkinnyMe

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s what I feel like: a doormat.

1 Like

This girl just spent the afternoon with me, she cooked me dinner and she sat around playing her guitar for me. She has improved on the guitar so much since I last saw her! And I told her so. I confess that I am, unfortunately, still in love with her as ever. My heart is just broken.

3 Likes

Love is a many splendored thing. The heart wants what the heart wants.

1 Like

I knew a guy in college named Fernando. 26 years ago and if he called me today I’d marry him tomorrow

2 Likes

Can’t you see? Oh, can’t you see? What that woman, is doing to me?

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.