A bad delusion I've always struggled with

That something will take over my mind and usurp my will. Is this a common fear?

2 Likes

I guess it is kind of a reality for many people in a way. I think a lot of us have different forces in our minds that wants us to do different things, like the angel and devil sitting on each shoulder. One is urging you to do the right and sensible thing, while the other is urging us to be careless and since you made so many mistakes you might as well make another kind of thing. And it’s hard to lend our ear to the sensible side all the time. Just got to keep trying.

1 Like

A lot of people forgot to ask me if I wanted something before they tried to force it on me. The word “no” didn’t exist to them.

1 Like

Yes. I had this one, for a while, in the worst part of psychosis. I was sometimes afraid that something was keeping me awake for days, just so it could weaken me, take me over, and do bad things.

I believed my body was being taken over. I even had a situation where I couldn’t move for a few seconds because someone had taken over control of my body. It was terrifying.

That was my exact delusion. I believed I was being mind controlled. Now that I am on meds I don’t believe that anymore.

I had the fear that my mind was being poisoned and people were slowly trying to reprogram me. I thought the weaker my mind got the easier it would be for them to control me.

This is obviously a common delusion. The aspect of my delusion that has to do with mind control, body sharing, telepathy etc. is so far out there that it’s difficult to even try to explain. But ohhhhh how much I want to be understood…

2 Likes

I had that too. I thought I was in telepathic communication with President Obama… and I’m Canadian, lol

I also had various other telepathic experiences.

1 Like

I had a telepathic conversation with Hillary Clinton, amongst other people. I STILL can’t rule it out. I would rather have that be true than this

1 Like

I haven’t had any telepathic communications since being on meds.

I have inserted thoughts where I believe brain scientists are talking to me. I have telepathy but they are using satellite equipment to monitor me 24/7 and be able to hear me. My delusion is bizarre and twisted and twisty and bendy. Impossible to explain. I want it to be true though. That’s the hard part.

My delusion was just that people with more powerful minds were manipulating me. I never thought it was scientists, or government, or technology or anything else.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.