7 reasons blueberries are good for you

Started eating blueberries again.
They are one of my favorites.

So good https://foodrevolution.org/blog/are-blueberries-good-for-you/

9 Likes

Love em, I try to get a batch every few weeks in my produce box

1 Like

love blueberries as well. I used to try to get a blueberry smoothie every other day, but now im just doing mixed berry smoothie. still has some blueberries in it though. and im growing one blueberry plant over at mom and dad’s. it’s just an experiment, as we don’t have the soil for them, but it’s healthy so far, and produced a few berries this year.

2 Likes

@Lifer add coffee grounds around the plant. It’ll add the acid needed.

3 Likes

Bilberries grow naturally here, blueberries don’t. We call them blueberries, though. American blueberries aren’t any good. They don’t taste anything.

1 Like

@anon9798425 wild ones are flavorful. The ones for sale at grocers are bland.

2 Likes

I’ll add some extra virgin olive oil, salt and curry to give them some flavor.
Sounds odd but they are delicious prepared this way.

1 Like

I’m sure the wild ones are better. But you should really try bilberries. They’re just a lot better in every way.

1 Like

Do you get black currants in Scandinavia?

1 Like

I’d like to. I try all kinds of berries, but never saw bilberries for sale here.

2 Likes

Yeah! I love them.
Do you have cloudberries in Scotland? When I lived up north there would be endless fields of cloudberries. I think they’re really tasty, but not everyone likes them.

1 Like

Never heard of cloudberries growing here. Maybe up on the highlands?

2 Likes

They like cold climates and grow in marshy areas.
I bet the fruit and berries in Scotland are better than the ones from mainland Europe.

2 Likes

The best jam in Britain comes from Scotland - a town called Blairgowrie to be specific. Yeah scottish berries are amazing.

2 Likes

LS! For more than twenty years I ate fresh blueberries daily. I believe they help my brain.

https://www.ergo-log.com/cyanidin-the-life-extender-in-blueberries.html

1 Like

love me some blueberries !!

1 Like

I like blueberries as wełl

1 Like

I love blueberries. Lots of anti oxidants.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.