5-HT6 Receptor Antagonist as an Adjunct Treatment Targeting Residual Symptoms in Patients With Schizophrenia: Unexpected Sex-Related Effects (Double-Blind Placebo-Controlled Trial)

CONCLUSIONS:

It was a negative study with unexpected benefits of the drug only in females. We hypothesized that the role of patients’ sex can impact the treatment response to serotonergic drugs in general. We suggest a possible synergistic interaction between estrogen and Avisetron by means of modulating the effect of estrogens on the serotonergic system. Future studies targeting the sex-related effects of serotonergic drugs are warranted.

2 Likes

Can you explain what this is about? Is it a drug for loss of sex drive/libido? I have no sex drive from the meds, is this drug trying to fix that? Sorry , it’s hard for me read at the moment, because I’m tired from my meds.

If this is the case, then I hope more companies try to develop drugs for sexual loss due to medication.

1 Like

I think it’s about the symptoms that persist after the acute hallucinations and delusions have gone.

1 Like

Oh thanks firemonkey, I’m so tired I couldn’t make out what it was about lol. I still think they need to create a drug for sexual side effects though.:slight_smile:

2 Likes

5ht6 is a target for cognition i thinks. hopefully this drug avisetron or whatever will come out soon.