2 cups of beans a day and 1 and a half cup grains in my new diet

i only eat black beans and garbanzo beans as i digest those best and they dont give me as much gas. i also have a 1/2 cup oatmeal for breakfast, 1/2 cup quinoa for lunch and 1/2 cup rice for dinner.

i took @Ninjastar advice and eliminated veggie burgers and all plant based meat substitutes. replaced them with lots of beans.

4 Likes

I like rice but only eat wholegrain one. Problem is it takes so long to cook…

3 Likes

There are some delicious veggie burgers that aren’t trying to be meat. There are some that taste a bit like southwest chili, some that taste like pizza, some that taste like beets, etc. I am a bit concerned that you haven’t listed any fruits or vegetables. You don’t want to end up malnourished.

4 Likes

i have 7 servings of fruit and veg in my diet, just didn’t mention it. and i also include dairy, cheese yogurt, whey protein, chocolate milk.

4 Likes

Ohhh okay that makes me feel better, thanks.

2 Likes

You are probably consuming a lot of fiber daily so it’s important to drink enough water.

4 Likes

yes im drinking 120 ounces of water a day. which is more than is recommended for a man my size. i fill up a 20 oz bottle 6 times a day of water. i also cut out the diet coke and coffee as they are vasoconstrictors. caffeine is, i read. need to keep my blood flowing for my workouts.

3 Likes

Good for you @Lifer! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

it actually comes out to 2500 calories and 140 grams of protein in my daily diet. i will probably balloon up to 170 or 180 pounds while i am in bulking phase, and then i will do keto, protein heavy diet to cut back down to a lean 155 pounds. then it will just be eat enough to not lose weight whatever that calorie total is. it’s a process, i have a 2 and half year goal to get the body i want. that’s when the high school 20 year class reunion is haha.

2 Likes

Just be careful.

I ate nothing but Cous Cous for 6 months with mixed frozen veg, and I lost wayyyy too much weight.

Doctors seem so concerned at the time that they put me on Olanzpaine (35 kilos on later…)

Anyways. I hope this comes from a healthy place. I thought I was consuming the souls of dead animals, and that was my explanation for why spirits where mad and shouting at me

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.