10. October is worldwide mental health day

In our country we talk mental health on the radio. What does your country do?

1 Like

Actually heard it mentioned on a couple of radio stations I listen too. There is some good work being done. The RUOk ads out here for mostly depression get some traction. Still. I think they should be doing mental health education for kids in middle school. It should be compulsory. I would think that we’d save more folk that way as they’d be more likely to get help!

3 Likes

They should have a schizophrenia day so they can focus on the illness specifically the message on schizophrenia doesnt come out clearly on World Mental Health Day.

4 Likes

“Everybody celebrate and take your local schizophrenic out to dinner at the Olive Garden and a nice dessert.”

6 Likes

Yes. It’s World mental health day. They talked on the radio and tv. The main subjects are suicide and depression. Sz is taboo. Anorexia is also a subject, not as much as depression. This is the way i feel it. Only once in a while sz is talked about

8 Likes

@Greenmind agree advert on ITV in the Uk last night all about Depression/Anxiety promoted by the NHS for World Mental Health Day no mention whats so ever of SZ/Bipolar both taboo subjects in the UK with stigma still attached iam afraid/ashamed to say tbh

2 Likes

Happy Mental Health Day all the way from California!

3 Likes

No one talks about SZ here either , the stigma associated with it is not good

2 Likes

Happy Mental Health Day! :stars:

2 Likes

Happy mental health day!

2 Likes

Happy mental health day! We need more awareness!

2 Likes

I hate to be Debbie Downer but I wish there was a funny meme here about when you hear Alyssa Milano talking about her anxiety today when you suffer from a severe mental illness that no one is talking about.

2 Likes

I am on Twitter too and am inspired to post about my SZA too in honor of Mental Health Day.

2 Likes

Our Royal family in the UK is quite open about talking about mental health. Here is their recent advert that they featured in

3 Likes

Me too, I wrote a poem for today.

2 Likes

I reworked my tweet already. At first I said suffering from severe mental illness. My medication is working well so I thought it better to say living with “severe mental illness.” When I try to be an advocate for mental health I always get self conscious. Other people are so much better with words. A poem sounds great @Mr.Dre!

2 Likes

I would absolutely love to be open and an advocate for psychosis BUT and this is a big but, if I relapse I have no â– â– â– â– â– â– â–  clue how to cope with the whole world knowing all things about my illness it would really â– â– â– â–  me up. Or at least it would stress me thinking about the wat if scenario of this happening. And that stress in itself of worrying about this is not good for me

1 Like

I haven’t gone out much today. I did share the a part of my day with my mom. I let her know it was international mental health day. She smiled and said, “That’s good.” She seems happy about my current mood lately.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.