Schizophrenia.com

10. October is worldwide mental health day

In our country we talk mental health on the radio. What does your country do?

1 Like

Actually heard it mentioned on a couple of radio stations I listen too. There is some good work being done. The RUOk ads out here for mostly depression get some traction. Still. I think they should be doing mental health education for kids in middle school. It should be compulsory. I would think that we’d save more folk that way as they’d be more likely to get help!

3 Likes

They should have a schizophrenia day so they can focus on the illness specifically the message on schizophrenia doesnt come out clearly on World Mental Health Day.

4 Likes

“Everybody celebrate and take your local schizophrenic out to dinner at the Olive Garden and a nice dessert.”

6 Likes

Yes. It’s World mental health day. They talked on the radio and tv. The main subjects are suicide and depression. Sz is taboo. Anorexia is also a subject, not as much as depression. This is the way i feel it. Only once in a while sz is talked about

8 Likes

@Greenmind agree advert on ITV in the Uk last night all about Depression/Anxiety promoted by the NHS for World Mental Health Day no mention whats so ever of SZ/Bipolar both taboo subjects in the UK with stigma still attached iam afraid/ashamed to say tbh

2 Likes

Happy Mental Health Day all the way from California!

3 Likes

No one talks about SZ here either , the stigma associated with it is not good

2 Likes

Happy Mental Health Day! :stars:

2 Likes

Happy mental health day!

2 Likes

Happy mental health day! We need more awareness!

2 Likes

I hate to be Debbie Downer but I wish there was a funny meme here about when you hear Alyssa Milano talking about her anxiety today when you suffer from a severe mental illness that no one is talking about.

2 Likes

I am on Twitter too and am inspired to post about my SZA too in honor of Mental Health Day.

2 Likes

Our Royal family in the UK is quite open about talking about mental health. Here is their recent advert that they featured in

3 Likes

Me too, I wrote a poem for today.

2 Likes

I reworked my tweet already. At first I said suffering from severe mental illness. My medication is working well so I thought it better to say living with “severe mental illness.” When I try to be an advocate for mental health I always get self conscious. Other people are so much better with words. A poem sounds great @Mr.Dre!

2 Likes

I would absolutely love to be open and an advocate for psychosis BUT and this is a big but, if I relapse I have no ■■■■■■■ clue how to cope with the whole world knowing all things about my illness it would really ■■■■ me up. Or at least it would stress me thinking about the wat if scenario of this happening. And that stress in itself of worrying about this is not good for me

1 Like

I haven’t gone out much today. I did share the a part of my day with my mom. I let her know it was international mental health day. She smiled and said, “That’s good.” She seems happy about my current mood lately.

2 Likes