Who to contact

man, first time I tried my cure… I lost weight to the extent everyone who even glanced at me was blowing an involuntary kiss towards my direction… their face would just lose control and I’d see them feeling embarassed over something they can’t control!!!.. Maybe I was just too good looking with no weight, but still, I could see the kisses coming from ladys and gentlemen lol… stopped after a while, but still, not something I can forget… in 3 days, everyone I knew was baffled by how much weight I had lost… literally, strangers would be doing some wierd ■■■■ with their faces - involuntary, I’d literally have to look away most of the time

Its good for your self esteem. I gained a significant amount of weight in my 20s and lost it. In fact I was able to get into really good shape for years. I took up running outside and lifting in the gym.
I’m not in my twenties anymore I’m 39. I’ve had this disease for 16 years.

1 Like

Some people talk to me like that too. I don’t know if it’s the weight or I just process information slower.
I have a lot of social anxiety now after having had 8 psychotic breaks

1 Like

@Nomad i know how you feel on girls treating you differently since your illness.

We must keep our heads up its all we can do

@MeghillaGorilla1 your a really genuine guy and I think you make a good point on this topic.

Not sure about research particularly but if you are concerned about mental health policy generally see link below. If they can’t help you directly maybe they can put you in contact with someone who can.

http://www.nasmhpd.org/content/contact-information

You could send a letter to your congressman about increasing funding to schizophrenia research.

Unfortunately, the US medical industrial complex is run and advanced like a business. You walk into your first meeting with a pdoc and within 15 minutes, it’s like they bought 4 Ferrari 458 Italia sports cars (1 million dollars lifetime customer value over 10 years) for the CEO’s of all of the major drug firms.

1 Like