When do withdrawal symptoms start?

So I’m out of sample packs of my medicine and can’t afford the med at the pharmacy…and I hope the doctor can get me on something else before it’s too late.
I wanna know, if say I can’t get medicine soon, when do withdrawal symptoms start and how bad are they, if you could give me a general idea of what it’s like quitting antipsychotics?

what did you run out of?

Vraylar 1.5 mg 151515

are you in the USA?

Yes I am, why do you ask?

can’t you get Medicaid to help pay for that?

I never thought about having medicaid, I don’t know if they have a waiting period or if you can just sign up and get accepted at any time.
I think I tried for it this year and it said I wasn’t eligible.

oh no! so you’ve been trying to deal with mi paying for the expensive meds yourself? I’m so sorry

My insurance covers generic brands of medicine but thankfully mydoctor gave me sample packs of Vraylar to handle it.
There’s no way I can handle $1000 worth of a month’s amoutn of meds.

1 Like

all of my meds come out to close to 3k a month. Thank god for medicare and medicaid

1 Like

Man you make me want to try getting medicare/medicaid, paying over $500 for meds a month is too much anyways, especially for people like us who don’t have high paying jobs.

Personally I’ve never had any particularly bad withdrawals from antipsychotics, so it might not be too bad if you can’t get any right away

@Cipher hey you may want to contact your insurance agency and talk to them about coverage for your ap. I had a med that wasn’t covered but my dr was able to call and get it covered. Hope it helps

1 Like

I had bad setback 10 months after.