What do you do while in hospital?

I’m in hospital getting a bit bored.any ideas?

1 Like

are there holes in the ceiling? if there’s holes you can count them.

3 Likes

Tv, internet, radio, therapy program, adult coloring books.

1 Like

All I did was sleeping and playing chess.

3 Likes

Does your hospital have any coloring books or puzzle books?. If it does that may help alleviate the boredom.
Cards and activity games to play with others help too.

First, I’ll sleep a little. Then I’ll sleep a lot. Then I’ll take a well deserved rest from all that sleeping.

3 Likes

I’ve not been in a hospital for 3 years in row, but when I was I didn’t have smartphone yet - but I’d imagine I’d be using internet a lot, if I’d have to go in to hospital again. Reading books would also be a good thing or writing poems/whatever kind of text on a paper. Drawing, playing cards with the others, listening to music - or why in hell not talking about my illness with some other patsients.

1 Like

I colored a lot. Every time I was in the hospital, they had coloring pages.

1 Like

My hospital did stuff like art therapy which I enjoyed. Other than that it was walking around and talking with other patients.

Luckily, the hospitals I’ve been in have had pianos and guitars.

1 Like

I always preferred to interact with the other patients, watch TV, study or read, and try to enjoy the good aspects of not being allowed out of the ■■■■■■■ door, which usually amounted to at least a small feeling of inner peace from being contained and not having to worry about cooking for myself, doing chores, etc., like when you squeeze your cat tightly in your arms and it starts to purr.

1 Like

most of the times I wrote my raps…I wrote whole notebooks of raps in the hospital

i love mental hospitals

2 Likes

When I was in the hospital I was completely delusional so I was never bored, if ur bored in there u should join groups, watch tv, or socialize.

Or see if they will let u go home.

1 Like

At least you have internet.
When I was in the Hospital they confiscated all Electronics.

2 Likes

I’ve been watching DVDs on my portable DVD player and colouring in but my concentration and the voices make it hard to do.

1 Like

Talk to others. I understand that it could be difficult since the others could be not well at all. But this is what I mostly did during my hospital stay. I was in the same room as two other really nice guys and even if we were all sick, we used to talk a lot and even sometimes have fun. I even have one of these guy as a Facebook friend now.

Good luck

2 Likes

Hmmm. I slept. Eat. Took meds. Watched tv. Smoked. Spoke with other patients. Got really paranoid from the faculty…

1 Like

Sleep. pace. Repeat ad infitintum.

3 Likes